Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Pictures] Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

    Disney has posted some pictures of the model rooms for Aulani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina, Oahu. What do you think of the decor?









    DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

  • #2
    Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

    The look surprisingly generic to me? Or am I missing something?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

      Here's a couple of the floor plans that DVC has made available:

      2-BR Floorplan



      3-BR Grand Villa Floorplan

      DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

        Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
        The look surprisingly generic to me? Or am I missing something?
        Yes and no. I would imagine they've had to be mindful not to make it overtly Hawaiian themed. I know that probably sounds odd, and there's more than likely dozens of hotels on the island that really sell the location, but I guess Disney wants to set its self apart from that. And no doubt there is the risk of going "too far" with the theme and the inevitable criticism from those who are against the resort.

        Personally I think the rooms look nice, but I agree, you might have expected a little more island style.
        sigpic

        "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

          Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
          Yes and no. I would imagine they've had to be mindful not to make it overtly Hawaiian themed. I know that probably sounds odd, and there's more than likely dozens of hotels on the island that really sell the location, but I guess Disney wants to set its self apart from that. And no doubt there is the risk of going "too far" with the theme and the inevitable criticism from those who are against the resort.

          Personally I think the rooms look nice, but I agree, you might have expected a little more island style.
          I agree with you. I'm not looking into anything overly stereotypical or anything, and they do look great don't get me wrong, just seems they need a little...more.

          I'm not sure if I even know what I'm thinking of anyway.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

            Where are these model rooms located?? And are they opened yet? in DLR or WDW or one of the two doorway to dreams locations?? TDR?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

              Originally posted by wishyouwell View Post
              Where are these model rooms located?? And are they opened yet? in DLR or WDW or one of the two doorway to dreams locations?? TDR?
              The Aulani models are opening in Tokyo.

              However, when VGV sells out, they might convert the models at DLR to Aulani.
              DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X