This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] The 'Black Pearl' near Disney's Aulani

I suppose this is the 'best' spot to put this since it sort of relates to Disney's Aulani.

On a our recent trip to Hawaii, I heard about that the 'Black Pearl' (Queen Anne's Revenge) was docked at the Ko Olina Marina, so of course had to go and have a look see.

Here are some pictures from the "event":

Re: The 'Black Pearl' near Disney's Aulani

why does everyone call it the Black Pearl it doesn't look anything like it? also cool is it still their i wonder why cause filming stopped at the end of the summer

:whistling
    It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!
    :ap:
    -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Michael808702 View Post
      why does everyone call it the Black Pearl it doesn't look anything like it? also cool is it still their i wonder why cause filming stopped at the end of the summer
      It was there as of Dec 25, 2010 when I took these pictures. Why it is still there, maybe going to have something to do with the new resort.

As for the name, well, it has 'Queen Anne's Revenge' across the back - how it relates to the movie is beyond me as I have not been following the production of the newest movie at all (maybe a different ship from the film, maybe it's been redesigned for the lastest film). Just calling it what I have heard (right or wrong I don't really get hung up on these details ), so just following the other lemmings.
      Last edited by Mickey_Moose; 01-12-2011, 04:45 AM.

Comment

The "Queen Anne's Revenge" was Edward Teach's Flagship during the height of his pirate career, you may know him better as "Blackbeard" (he had a thick long black beard he used to burn slow matches in when boarding vessels to create smoke around his head to scare his opponents) who is one of the main villains in the new movie. :ap:
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

This ship is back out of dry dock this week and cruising around the harbor again. There are crews walking through it, not sure what they're doing. My contact at Aulani says it likely isn't for their resort.
          sigpic
          And always remember the law of the jungle - Don't Be a Zebra!

Comment

whats going to happen with that ship when the film movie ends?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
              The "Queen Anne's Revenge" was Edward Teach's Flagship during the height of his pirate career, you may know him better as "Blackbeard" (he had a thick long black beard he used to burn slow matches in when boarding vessels to create smoke around his head to scare his opponents) who is one of the main villains in the new movie. :ap:
              That reminds me that the 1st PotC movie had a pirate with a smoking beard.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The information that I received from a friend on the resort board is that it is "permanently" docked there. Maybe like how the Flying Dutchman is for Castaway Cay.
                Host of the Meandering Mouse Club TV and Trapped in Paradise video podcasts.

Hong Kong and Tokyo Disneyland Resort June 2007, Walt Disney World December 2007, Disneyland (Original Anaheim Kingdom) May 2009, Disneyland Paris Resort October 2008.

Veteran of all 11 global theme parks

Comment

i saw it when i went its so cool they had crews walking around on it when i went though

It's a music Celebration
                  Strike up the band,
                  Feel the beat, what a great sensation
                  Move and clap your hands,
                  Get into the Spirit
                  Let everyone hear it,
                  So come on, come on

Step into the Magic