Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Owner's Locker

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Owner's Locker

    I'm not a DVC member (yet!) but I have a significant ownership in the Hilton Grand Vacations Club (which I love!). I have been spending a lot of time in Orlando this year.

    Anyway, a friend (who actually is DVC) turned me on to this great service, and I thought it would be of interest to members here. It is based in Orlando so if you spend several weeks a year at WDW it is quite handy.

    The company is called Owner's Locker, and it is a great concept. They supply members with a large plastic storage bin to keep items that are frequently used on vacations, so you don't have to schlep the same stuff back and forth on vacations. They keep it for you while your at home and then deliver it to your resort so it is waiting for you when you check in. At the end of your stay, they pick it up at the resort after you've left. Simple!

    Check out the website, it explains everything about the service. It is a new company just starting out, and the owners are very cool.

    Just an FYI for those that might be interested.
    --Jonathan

  • #2
    Re: Owner's Locker

    Wow, what a great concept! I have my own storage facility though, it's called my apartment. :lol:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Owner's Locker

      This is another example of why I have not started my own business, I keep missing these concepts.

      I saw that a while ago and said to myself "who would pay $100+ a year to keep a tote around" What could a person possibly need to stick in a tote that they cannot bring with them that makes it worthwhile.

      Then I talked to people about it. People bring sheets, pillows, humidifiers, piles of foodstuffs, and other assorted things that I would never DREAM of bringing with me on a vacation.

      I need to avoid thinking along my consumer habits and stop underestimating the average consumers ability to expend dollars.

      Such a simple business concept, and such low overhead. Insurance, storage space in the industrial area of town, a database / tracking system, wholesale totes, and a van. - kudos to them.

      -dave
      "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
      "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Owner's Locker

        Hi Dave,

        Thanks for the kind words. Some Owner's Locker Members had told me about you post on the other board. If I've learned anything with this business, it's that it is VERY personal. I have to remind myself several times daily that I can't look at it through my eyes.

        Clearly, OL doesn't make sense for everyone but for people who come to view Orlando as a second home, you would be absolutely amazed at the lengths they will go to to have the comforts of home around them. And we're here to help them.
        John

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Owner's Locker

          Originally posted by jdvm View Post
          Hi Dave,

          Thanks for the kind words. Some Owner's Locker Members had told me about you post on the other board. If I've learned anything with this business, it's that it is VERY personal. I have to remind myself several times daily that I can't look at it through my eyes.

          Clearly, OL doesn't make sense for everyone but for people who come to view Orlando as a second home, you would be absolutely amazed at the lengths they will go to to have the comforts of home around them. And we're here to help them.
          John
          Oh my, I have developed an internet reputation.

          I have to stop using myself as a touchstone for rational business models. While I do not view Orlando quite as a second home, I am there 3 to 4 times a year (or more) but then to me a vacation is when I have LESS, not MORE.

          I don't want a hot pot, a humidifier, my own sheets, my favorite frying pan, and a Playstation 2 (all things I have heard of being stored in your units). I want to travel with my clothes and toilet kit. Sometimes I bring pool noodles for my kids (cause they pack well) but thats about it.

          But, a load of people seem to like think you have the greatest thing since sliced bread (now sliced bread I DO find usefull - unsliced as well ) and you guys do seem to provide good service to the people who use your service, so good for you. I hope it becomes a great success.

          The only thing I would consider storing anywhere would be golf clubs, because I don't like dragging them around. But then I would have to keep 2 (or more) identical sets.

          When you start offering golf club storage, I expect to see some royality checks.

          -dave
          "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
          "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Owner's Locker

            Originally posted by Phonedave View Post

            When you start offering golf club storage, I expect to see some royality checks.
            Actually, they're already working on a Golf Locker!

            Also in the works: Tennis Locker and Xmas Locker (for decorations).
            --Jonathan

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Owner's Locker

              Gee, Dave you sound like me. It wasn't my things. It was my wife and 4 daughters who had all of the stuff. I only got involved when I realized that I could have a really nice corkscrew--you know one of those lever things and keep it in the Locker along with my maps and guidebooks and a bottle of gin and some wine and champagne. And then there was the day when my wife and I were both beat after a day at the parks and I filled the jacuzzi, lit candles and opened a bottle of champagne. Then and only then did it begin to seem like a good idea.
              I don't know whether you're a gambling man, but why don't you give OL a try. There's a risk free trial where you get every penny back if you don't like it after the first year. Just let you wife and kids use it. And the end of the year, we'll meet up at the Suitcase at Old Key West and if you decide to keep it, you can buy me a drink. If you don't, I'll bring you a refund check and buy both you and your wife a drink.
              I like margaritas, by the way.
              John

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Owner's Locker

                Last year, my friends and I took a Christmas tree and decorations to our DVC from Los Angeles. I was telling my friends (almost jokingly) how we should start a service where we would store DVC members' Christmas items and deliver them the following year. When I found out about this a few months ago, I thought, "OMG, there's my idea! I could have been a thousandair by now!"
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Owner's Locker

                  Originally posted by jdvm View Post
                  Gee, Dave you sound like me. It wasn't my things. It was my wife and 4 daughters who had all of the stuff. I only got involved when I realized that I could have a really nice corkscrew--you know one of those lever things and keep it in the Locker along with my maps and guidebooks and a bottle of gin and some wine and champagne. And then there was the day when my wife and I were both beat after a day at the parks and I filled the jacuzzi, lit candles and opened a bottle of champagne. Then and only then did it begin to seem like a good idea.
                  I don't know whether you're a gambling man, but why don't you give OL a try. There's a risk free trial where you get every penny back if you don't like it after the first year. Just let you wife and kids use it. And the end of the year, we'll meet up at the Suitcase at Old Key West and if you decide to keep it, you can buy me a drink. If you don't, I'll bring you a refund check and buy both you and your wife a drink.
                  I like margaritas, by the way.
                  John
                  1) In order for that plan to work, the locker has to come with a wife (no harm, no foul, don't feel bad)

                  2) I just cannot think of much that I would want to leave in a locker. Gin is a good idea I can pack a corkscrew.

                  Tell you what. I'll think about what I may want to put in it, and if I can think of a thing or two, then I will try it. Oh, and Margaritas are allways good (on the rocks though) Well I really like single malt, but WDW does not have too swift a selection (Ooooh, something else to leave in the locker. change the name to BoozeLocker and you may have something there )


                  -dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Owner's Locker

                    Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
                    1) In order for that plan to work, the locker has to come with a wife (no harm, no foul, don't feel bad)

                    2) I just cannot think of much that I would want to leave in a locker. Gin is a good idea I can pack a corkscrew.

                    Tell you what. I'll think about what I may want to put in it, and if I can think of a thing or two, then I will try it. Oh, and Margaritas are allways good (on the rocks though) Well I really like single malt, but WDW does not have too swift a selection (Ooooh, something else to leave in the locker. change the name to BoozeLocker and you may have something there )


                    -dave
                    You can call it "Dave's Hideaway" and put lots of liquor in---just leave a bit of space for the kids....and, OK, that's two drinks for you if you don't like it (as well as a refund) and one drink for me if you do!
                    J

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Owner's Locker

                      Mary Waring on MouseSavers just did a review of Owner's Locker.

                      Owner's Locker - Who Needs It?
                      -- Rita

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Owner's Locker

                        And Deb Wills' site now has a place where you can rate and review Owner's Locker.

                        Owner's Locker The Place to Store your Vacation Stuff!
                        -- Rita

                        Comment

                        Ad Widget

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X