Which DVC Property at WDW is Best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which DVC Property at WDW is Best?

I'm about to plan a Feb 2019 trip to WDW. I always seem to end up at Saratoga and Boardwalk, it's been a long time since I've stayed anywhere else and I haven't tried many of the newer properties. If you had to select a studio room at one of the WDW DVCs, which would you choose and why? Thanks folks, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-16-2018, 03:03 PM.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

We've stayed at the Boardwalk and Pop Century. We like staying at Pop Century because the transportation bus only goes to the Pop Century and no other hotels. Plus the oversized outdoor decor is so fun. I love Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. We want to try the Art of Animation Resort. It sounds fun and we can get a suite for our family of 5 adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
      I'm about to plan a Feb 2019 trip to WDW. I always seem to end up at Saratoga and Boardwalk, it's been a long time since I've stayed anywhere else and I haven't tried many of the newer properties. If you had to select a studio room at one of the WDW DVCs, which would you choose and why? Thanks folks, much appreciated.
      Hey Dusty, what's your home resort? That says a lot about what you can actually book, especially 4-5 months away from your trip. For instance, unless your resort is Beach Club and you book it exactly 11 months out, you're not going to stay there.

My favorite is Polynesian because it's close to easy transport (read: no buses) to both MK and Epcot, there's always an abundance of studios available, and the resort has great thematic elements. We've also got points at Boardwalk, so we tend to actually change resorts mid-trip. Basically, we'll do 3 nights at Boardwalk, enjoy Epcot, HS, and AK from there and then spend 3 nights at Poly to do a couple MK days and maybe an Epcot/lounge day. I enjoy Boardwalk a lot, and I think the Epcot area has a ton of things to do and see. It's also super walkable to get to 2 parks, which I enjoy as a lifelong DLR vet.

Changing resorts mid-stay is NOT daunting at all and Disney will transport your luggage for free between any two properties, which is a great perk.

As for other resorts, I've stayed at OKW and really liked it. I'm also a big fan of BR. I imagine CC is mostly the same, but I haven't stayed there yet to confirm. I think Saratoga Springs is the weakest of all the resorts, with really not a lot to do and it's just too big to get around. I've yet to stay at AK, but have heard great things.

Glad to answer any specific questions! We're going back in December for a holiday trip and then again in early March for a spring trip.

Comment

Working...
      X