This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Two maps combine into one

The Parisian maps combine to bring you Le Plan de Parcs. Inside, the top has the WDS and the bottom has DLP. On the other side of the paper has the entertainment schedules. (The news: this saves paper!!):yea:

See more at DLRP Magic.
    Last edited by MickeyM; 07-17-2008, 09:43 AM. Reason: link

Re: Two maps combine into one

The Disneyland Resort used to do this, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
      The Disneyland Resort used to do this, if I'm not mistaken.
      That is correct. I much prefer separate park maps... and if possible, the same quality and color caliber of the ones in TDL and USJ guideBOOKS...but that would be too much to ask from the american, HK and Paris parks...

Comment

I liked the separate maps better too, but well, this is more environmentally friendly.

Here's the link, by the way:
        http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/...ngle-park-map/

Comment

BOOOOOO! To be honest, I think, judging by DLRPMagic's pictures that this is not as good or handy as the two smaller ones. Maybe, from a business angle, the pros outweight the cons or whatever but, I dunno, it just clumps them together untidily somehow. WDS is just starting to stand on its own two feet (well I always liked it but it wasn't Disneyland park) and this kind of implies it can't...which I think it can! If it was me, I'd have each park having a very individual themed map, but I guess that aint good business.

Comment

DLRPMagic says this is just for marketing, to get people rollin' the turnstiles at WDS. The new maps show new tourists what's inside. :thumbupBecause people already know what's in DLP, it's basically like DL.:sleep

Comment

Let me just say this. If I am paying money to go to a theme park halfway across the world, I expect separate maps for each park. It's just cheap otherwise. They're not doing it to be environmentally friendly. They're doing it to cut costs, and when it's my money that's paying for it, I'm not pleased. I was very happy Disneyland knocked off this cheap business. Hopefuly DLP will too.

Comment

It's not like they previously put any design effort into creating two distinct guide maps. They were always boring, now they're just boring on the same sheet of paper. Big fat deal.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyM View Post
                  (Because people already know what's in DLP, it's basically like DL.:sleep
                  I wouldn't quite say that, firstly because it's not ':sleep:' it's interesting, it's different to DL, and most visitors probably won't know what DL is like, at least in detail, at all. This bunching together, in my opinion is ugly and horrid, it doesn't really matter, but it aint nice.

Comment

All I can think of is that DLP doesn't have the JC.:lol:

Comment

I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.

Comment

I have nothing to add other than... 'Fizzy's back... again!'.
                        I go away for a couple of days (to Legoland believe it or not!) and when I come back, the wanderer has returned! Welcome back mate!
                        WDW - 1987 & 1991
                        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                          It's not like they previously put any design effort into creating two distinct guide maps. They were always boring, now they're just boring on the same sheet of paper. Big fat deal.
                          I don't care if its as simple as a Disney World map from the 70s, I still want my parks separate.

Comment

It does make sense. Almost everyone that goes on a daytrip to Disneyland Paris just visits the Disneyland Parc. Many people wont know much about the WDS park and the new rides. This is an easy way of marketing it to them.

I don't think it has anything to do with saving money.

Comment

Maybe I'm just being cynical then, but I don't think they'd do it for that purpose alone as there are other, better ways to do it probably. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to make/save money, it's sensible, it's just not particularly good. And thank you for your welcome, again, Mr.Detroit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X