This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] A minor annoyance...

This is, really, a bit of a silly thread, but the subject matter is something which annoys me greatly, and, yes I know, it's stupid and petty, makes me want to punch people. So, what frustrates me so much? Well, Disney came up with an extremely clever pun that was a fantastic ride idea, yet people refer to it as...

The Rockin' Roller Coaster

I no way is there any intelligence in the name 'Rockin' Roller Coaster', it's ugly, obvious, and most important, just plain wrong. Any wit is lost, and the attraction name's brilliance is burned in a fiery pit of misinformity...if that's even a word...Anyhoo, I wonder if anyone else shares this 'problem', I'd love for you to let me know!

Re: A minor annoyance...

Rock'n'Roller Coaster
    Rockin' Roller Coaster
    Phonetically the same which would explain the confusion. I think that either way the name evokes the ride and the incorrect usage could actually be classed as a double-pun.
    I am not too hung up about the names of the rides. In our house the rides are referred to as 'Pinocchio', 'Snow White', 'Peter Pan', 'The Tea Cups' etc.
    NDJnr even refers to PM as simply 'The Haunted House'.
    What bugs me name-wise is when Joe Public states that Disneyland is in Florida.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
      Rock'n'Roller Coaster
      What bugs me name-wise is when Joe Public states that Disneyland is in Florida.
      Same here.

And Big Thunder is the "run-away mine train ride"

That and "we're going to EuroDisney". :bang:
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

Classic, EuroDisney. I think I've heard big wigs from WDW refer to it as EuroDisney. I don't mind 'Snow White' and 'Peter Pan', they're abbreviations, but 'Rockin' Roller Coaster' just takes away the cleverness for me. Oh, and lest we forget, I hear 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom'. Ok, granted, that is very petty, but it would be a shame if the sequence that everyone in the cinema thought 'That'd be a great ride!' about had materialized into that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X