• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Magic results: Euro Disney plans new hotels

Stumbled accross this...

Magic results: Euro Disney plans new hotels

By Christian Sylt
    Sunday, 17 August 2008

Euro Disney's Paris theme park is on track to set a record for visitors this year and may see more guests than its US counterparts. The park is set to beat last year's 14.5 million guests and business is so good that new hotels are being planned, said its chief financial officer, Ignace Lahoud. The existing seven hotels had occupancy rates of 89.3 per cent last year, up again this year. Disneyland Paris is now Europe's most popular attraction, with more visitors than the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre combined.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...ls-899529.html

Re: Magic results: Euro Disney plans new hotels

Hell's bells.

This is even more optimistic than Alain's piece. Might need to take it all with a grain of salt, but it's certainly not bad news!

Comment

I hope that's just fluff giving investors confidence.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

Sounds good if it's true! Still, I don't think a new hotel is where their priorities lie but who knows. They could do with fixing the old ones!

Comment

Perhaps these "new hotels" are actually the same rumor as Alain's wings and either someone misinterpreted something or they're still deciding which way to go. It might all be smoke of the same fire.

Comment

Very possibly. Some kind of hotel expansion plan seems to be in the works, hopefully the wings, then at least DHL and SL will probably get some all-round attention.

Comment

Yes, that would probably be best... Because I somehow doubt that they have an Animal Kingdom Lodge or MiraCosta up their sleeve in any case.

Comment

Perhaps not. Still, they'd better not build on Parc Le Monde's location! Am I right ladies? Gents? No? Never mind...

Comment

Haha, I'm sure they'll leave a patch of land for hypothetical third parks thought up by armchair Imagineering hobbyists. They'd better, because Duckburg won't allow to be squeezed in!

But what if they're planning on something like the All-Star resorts? Really, I vote wings...

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                    I hope that's just fluff giving investors confidence.
                    ----
                    Cheers,
                    Zarniwoop

Comment

well now the thing is... Are they gonna built they own DIsney Hotels or Partners Disney Hotels .
                      HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Didn't they over do it when they built DLRP hotels in the first place? Why can't they just add more rooms to an existing hotel?

And hopefully the new proposed hotels aren't as bland as some of the other DLRP hotel offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by WDWizard View Post
                          Didn't they over do it when they built DLRP hotels in the first place? Why can't they just add more rooms to an existing hotel?

And hopefully the new proposed hotels aren't as bland as some of the other DLRP hotel offerings.
                          Well, they did build too many hotel rooms for 1992 attendance, but obviously the resort has grown a lot. Now, they can afford to expand.

And there are rumors floating around that they will add new wings to the existing hotels (which would negate the brand-new-hotel rumor for a while). Nothing's for certain yet.

Finally, while the hotels do lack in many departments, I'd once again like to point out that the Newport Bay Club and Sequoia Lodge are less grand than their Orlando counterparts because they are in a lower price range, while the Disneyland Hotel's lack of Grand Floridian-style excess can be explained by its location. Barring the Santa Fe perhaps, Disneyland Paris' hotel offerings are hardly as bad as some people say they are.

Comment

Building new wings on the existing hotels makes me worried. The hotel receptions and breakfast facilities struggle to cope with near-capacity crowds already so unless they will also be adding to these facilities they might as well build new hotels.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                              Building new wings on the existing hotels makes me worried. The hotel receptions and breakfast facilities struggle to cope with near-capacity crowds already so unless they will also be adding to these facilities they might as well build new hotels.
                              Well, that's why they had better not add a wing to the Newport Bay Club!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X