Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocking Roller Coaster

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Rocking Roller Coaster

    I was at Alton Towers a few days ago queueing for Rita, and this guy next to me said "Yeah, this is gonna be just like Rocking Roller Coaster!" Grrrrr. It really grinds my gears when people say that. Have you ever heard anyone say that?

  • #2
    Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

    Sorry Mr.Phogg, I posted a thread on this annoyance not long ago, but thank you for sharing my concern!

    http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ce-101366.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

      Well, this is embarrassing.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

        How can you tell what they said between Rockin & Rocking?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

          Originally posted by MrPhogg View Post
          I was at Alton Towers a few days ago queueing for Rita, and this guy next to me said "Yeah, this is gonna be just like Rocking Roller Coaster!" Grrrrr. It really grinds my gears when people say that. Have you ever heard anyone say that?
          Surely more gear-grinding is someone comparing Rita to RnRC!
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

            Hehe indeed. And Luke, IT'S NOT THE ROCKIN' ROLLER COASTER! FOR GOODNESS SAKE! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! IT'S A PUN! IT'S A CLEVER PUN! IT'S THE ROCK 'N' ROLLER COASTER, AS IN ROCK AND ROLL AND ROLLER COASTER!

            Sorry bout that there

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

              Woah there fizzy, I think this would suffice:

              But seriously, no offense to Mr. Man. (I've just always wanted to use a facepalm)

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                "Make it so Number One!"
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                DLR - October 2011




                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                  Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                  Hehe indeed. And Luke, IT'S NOT THE ROCKIN' ROLLER COASTER! FOR GOODNESS SAKE! ARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! IT'S A PUN! IT'S A CLEVER PUN! IT'S THE ROCK 'N' ROLLER COASTER, AS IN ROCK AND ROLL AND ROLLER COASTER!

                  Sorry bout that there
                  And yes, but Mr Mann's point still stands. Verbally "Rocking", "Rockin'" and "Rock 'n'" all sound the same (unless the first is pronounced with a hard gee)
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                    No but either way the name is wrong, and I can tell the difference between rockin'/rocking and rock 'n'. It's just annoying that the clever name, which probably gave life to the whole idea of the attraction (I can see some WDI meeting, 5 minutes of silence and then...'Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!').

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                      Sorry a typo. I particularly couldn't care for this attraction. Not a thrill guy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                        i'm sorry to say but RITA is not the same Layout than RNRC . But even RNRC is higher in size than RITA Queen Of Speed .

                        But if you drive 5 hours north of Disneyland Paris you can find XPRES which has the same layout than Rock'n Roller Coaster .


                        and Rock n Roller Coaster

                        HKDL : Done !!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                          Originally posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
                          i'm sorry to say but RITA is not the same Layout than RNRC . But even RNRC is higher in size than RITA Queen Of Speed .

                          But if you drive 5 hours north of Disneyland Paris you can find XPRES which has the same layout than Rock'n Roller Coaster .


                          and Rock n Roller Coaster

                          Imagine the reaction if either one of these was built in a Disney park!

                          :lol:
                          WDW - 1987 & 1991
                          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                          DLR - October 2011




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                            the second picture is the Rock n Roller Coaster so it is already at WDW and DLRP .
                            HKDL : Done !!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rocking Roller Coaster

                              I hate to correct you, bopazot, but the layouts of XPRES and Rock are similar, rather than identical. Incidentally, do you know how XPRES matches Rock in terms of acceleration, top speed, etc?

                              It's been a few years since I rode Rita (stop giggling at the back there!), but from what I remember she has a nippier launch than Rock and some killer air time hills and banked turns. But it's all over in less than 30 seconds! Criminal!
                              Last edited by soundtracker; 08-26-2008, 05:08 AM. Reason: For some reason, MiceChat has decided that the word "s n i g g e r i n g" is naughty
                              Originally posted by fizzog
                              Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X