Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 track revealed

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News F1 track revealed

    Using the Ave.Richard Schuman by the Santa Fe, Seqouia and NPBC and Including space for 2 more hotels in the "infield".

    http://www.valeurope-san.fr/info/FR/For ... 670/060111
    sigpic

    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  • #2
    Re: F1 track revealed

    This cuts into the space for the 3rd park, OMG Noooooooooooo. I hope this does not happen. It would be aweful!
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!




    Comment


    • #3
      Re: F1 track revealed

      I'm not overly familiar with where exactly the third gate was going - there still seems some space left at the bottom of that map.
      sigpic

      "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: F1 track revealed

        YUCK! I am quite disappointed that DLP is catering to that redneck sport of racing. Very bad idea. WDW did this and now a days that track is not used professionally anymore except for that stupis Petty experience that no one attends. Horrible news from DLP.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: F1 track revealed

          Formula One is hardly "redneck".
          sigpic

          "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: F1 track revealed

            Formula One is the elite of the elite in racing. There is nothing redneck about it. I think it's exciting! I've never been to a Formula 1 race (way too expensive), but I love watching it!!!
            sigpic
            Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: F1 track revealed

              (I suppose we sheltered folks just blindly figured... Testosterone, speed, occasional destruction and casualties, stadiums, someone winning; all the ingredients are there. It was either going to be a redneck thing or an upper class Victorian thing involving greyhounds.)

              But that issue aside, this still isn't good news. Rumor has it that these circuits don't turn a profit with just one lively Formula 1 weekend a year, and even if that were the case it would involve weeks of preparation and similar. In short, a lot of noisy action and smoggy views outside the windows of the Newport Bay Club.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: F1 track revealed

                Noisy, I'll conceded, but smoggy? No a chance.

                And yes, its highly likely this will be a loss making operation at the start. But that depends on who's stumping up the money.

                The FFSA would probably pay some towards Bernie's fees. All EuroDisney SCA would shell out for is the construction.
                sigpic

                "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: F1 track revealed

                  Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                  Noisy, I'll conceded, but smoggy? No a chance.

                  And yes, its highly likely this will be a loss making operation at the start. But that depends on who's stumping up the money.

                  The FFSA would probably pay some towards Bernie's fees. All EuroDisney SCA would shell out for is the construction.
                  It is quite likely that the track will be used for more than one weekend a year. I think we can all sketch a mental picture of the situation this would cause for the nearby hotels.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: F1 track revealed

                    ^Well I'll give you that. Which makes me think that maybe a better proposal would be to have the Ave. R. Schuman only be used on Grand Prix weekends (ie once a year), with other lesser formulae using the rest of the permanent track minus the Schuman Straight.
                    sigpic

                    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: F1 track revealed

                      just a reminder that all mayors from the City involved in that project are AGAINST it .

                      The gouvernment is interested for the Hotel Capacity and Easy Access from the 2 main Airports and stuff like that .

                      We should start an International Petition . THERE is already an online petition that you can sign for being against that STUPID project .
                      HKDL : Done !!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: F1 track revealed

                        So will the speeding cars drown out the Character Express music? Hmmm.... I'm in two minds here!
                        WDW - 1987 & 1991
                        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                        DLR - October 2011




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: F1 track revealed

                          Originally posted by BFJen View Post
                          Formula One is the elite of the elite in racing. There is nothing redneck about it.
                          You can dress a pig in emperor's clothes.. it still remains a PIG! Same for any type of racing. Elite my backside!! It's a Redneck sport. Period. It does not belong in a Disney resort, and I wish management could come to their senses in regards to this... as eloquently put by Bopazot.. "stupid" project.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: F1 track revealed

                            After a little thought, Nathen Detroit returned to this post and edited it.
                            Last edited by nathan detroit; 10-08-2008, 12:18 AM.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: F1 track revealed

                              Originally posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
                              just a reminder that all mayors from the City involved in that project are AGAINST it .

                              The gouvernment is interested for the Hotel Capacity and Easy Access from the 2 main Airports and stuff like that .

                              We should start an International Petition . THERE is already an online petition that you can sign for being against that STUPID project .
                              Sorry to be cynical but I'm starting to think that online petitions aren't worth the paper they're not printed on.

                              However, this is still only a proposal. Its supposedly one of four that will be put to the FFSA. There is another track in planning on an old airfield, which will probably tick just as many boxes.

                              Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              You can dress a pig in emperor's clothes.. it still remains a PIG! Same for any type of racing. Elite my backside!! It's a Redneck sport. Period. It does not belong in a Disney resort, and I wish management could come to their senses in regards to this... as eloquently put by Bopazot.. "stupid" project.
                              Have you ever seen the Monaco GP?

                              And on the flipside, I think there's too much snobbery in the F1 paddock to go to Disneyland Resort Paris.
                              sigpic

                              "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                              Walt Disney

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X