• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] International Price Comparison for resorts

Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Re: International Price Comparison for resorts

My thoughts?
    Looking at those numbers, I can only come to the conclusion that both WDW's Grand FL and DL's Grand CA are grossly overpriced, especially when you compare it to Disney's best hotel in the World: TDS Miracosta, and especially! when you compare the Grand FL to it's more intimate and somewhat more lavishly designed little twin sis, the HKDLH.
    Even more shocking is looking at the POP Century and HKDL's Hollywood Hotel. Based on your numbers, the HKDL Hollywood is cheaper than the Pop Century, and yet, the Hollywood is 5 times more of a hotel than the Pop will ever be, and more luxurious too. Heck, throw in the Paradise Pier and the HKDL Hollywood looks like an even better deal. Then there is that view of the So. China Sea from the Hollywood... can't beat it. (But those of us who have stayed at the Hollywood Hotel have known that for a while now..)

Now Dave.. do us a favor and compare the parks' ticket prices versus how much entertainment value you can find per each park.

Comment

Re: International Price Comparison for resorts

Well my view is WDW offers the least value despite having more parks.

I suspect the ranking for me would be based on desirability and cost (including flight costs from the UK):

1. TDL/TDS
      2. DL
      3. DLP
      4. HKDL
      5. WDW

That said, because of the transport costs for a family of 4, DLP will be winning out for a while, as we can get there for about $200 compared to $1900 for DL or WDW, and $3200 for TDL and HKDL.

If I were a singleton, then all of them are a good deal and I would be heading to Asia instead of DLP or Stateside.
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X