Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is DLP becoming cost prohibitive?

Re: Is DLP becoming cost prohibitive?

I was in Spain last month, and we could not believe how expensive the food was everywhere, even at the grocery store. But it is the exchange rate that was the real killer, plus simply the cost of everything in Europe seems to have gone up as well. It makes DLP very expensive for Brits now.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

This thread sums up very quickly and simply the reason why I will not be visiting DLP this year.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

And that's $25 Australian dollars. We are going in January -but I think I will plan to make some sandwiches. Our exchange rate is so bad with the Euro and GBP that I am getting numb to the costs already. For us, it's once in a lifetime, so we are going regardless.
        Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
          This thread sums up very quickly and simply the reason why I will not be visiting DLP this year.
          Seconded.
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
            Seconded.
            Third(ed), think I just made that up.

Comment

Originally posted by tell-no-tales View Post
              And that's $25 Australian dollars. We are going in January -but I think I will plan to make some sandwiches. Our exchange rate is so bad with the Euro and GBP that I am getting numb to the costs already. For us, it's once in a lifetime, so we are going regardless.

AS an Aussie who went a few months ago I can tell you the cost of food is insane. Eating in a restaurant its at least $50 a head for a main and a soft drink. Mc Donalds is the best option for a cheaper feed at around $30 for 2 burger meals. On that you will have an amazing time if you havent been before, dont let food costs get you down. If you plan ahead and bring some of your own it will help. If your staying in a Disney hotel really stock up on as much food at breakfast as you can. They are buffets so fill up.

Comment

'Course they are suffering from the weak currencies.

However it just shows how inflated the prices are. When Sterling/Euro was in the region of 1.40 you may have griped, but still reluctantly paid. Now its near one-for-one I don't blame anyone for refusing to pay.
                sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

Comment

All Disney resorts are somewhat over priced. I think DLP and WDW are the worst offenders. HKDL is affordable but the park is grossly underdeveloped. DLR in CA is getting expensive but still offers some value, while TDR is expensive to visit but charges less than WDW's admission, and delivers three times as much entertainment as all other DL parks. So, you figure out which is the least and most affordable of the resorts...

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                    I was in Spain last month, and we could not believe how expensive the food was everywhere, even at the grocery store. But it is the exchange rate that was the real killer, plus simply the cost of everything in Europe seems to have gone up as well. It makes DLP very expensive for Brits now.
                    Really? Is that why the 3 daily Virgin Atlantic boeing 747-400s keep arriving in Orlando full full full on a daily basis??

Blimey!!

Let's face it, it's the UKers who keep Disney afloat in Central FL most times of the year...

Comment

Ugh. I think I shall take a loaf of bread, margerine and some canned something-or-others when I go in July, that's unbelievable! Of course I'll get at least one pizza burger...

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                        Ugh. I think I shall take a loaf of bread, margerine and some canned something-or-others when I go in July, that's unbelievable! Of course I'll get at least one pizza burger...
                        Of course if you are staying in the resort you can just take a backpack into breakfast with you. Why buy lunch when you can have a pick-a-nick?! Ham and cheese sandwiches made with those lovely continental crusty rolls! Yum!
                        WDW - 1987 & 1991
                        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                        DLR - October 2011

Comment

For the record.. Food and beverages are not allowed to be brought into the Disney parks.

Reality is, everyone gets around it and do it anyways, and those security people do nothing to stop. Unless they find beer/wine in your bag.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            For the record.. Food and beverages are not allowed to be brought into the Disney parks.
                            Not true. someone pointed me to the WDW site the other day which pointed out that food and drink are OK (provided no alcohol, no glass)... and it's quite true.

I saw no fewer than five wheeled canvas coolers yesterday in DHS. I brought in my own tuna sandwiches and frozen bottled water. The parks have become the local city parks. I feel so conflicted, being both "party to" and "aghast" at the same time.

Then again, how can mankind act except in self-interest?
                            Kevin Yee
                            MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
                            Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
                            Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
                            Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
                            Mouse Trap
                            Tokyo Disney Made Easy
                            101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
                            Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Comment

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
                              Not true. someone pointed me to the WDW site the other day which pointed out that food and drink are OK (provided no alcohol, no glass)... and it's quite true.

I saw no fewer than five wheeled canvas coolers yesterday in DHS. I brought in my own tuna sandwiches and frozen bottled water. The parks have become the local city parks. I feel so conflicted, being both "party to" and "aghast" at the same time.

Then again, how can mankind act except in self-interest?
                              Kevin if that is the case, then they have changed the rules at WDW since this is the 1st time I hear of it. We still have the sign outside TDR's park advising guests that food and beverages are not allowed in the parks. Of course, like I mentioned.. they do not care to enforce it it seems... but they sure will not allow tripods and rollerbags in their parks, which WDW allow still.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X