Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Grizzly River Run coming to Paris?!

I found this via scream scape. It's "blueprints" of an exact clone of DCA's ride being located where Splash Mountain was planned. Check it out!

photosmagiques.com
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-22-2009, 03:13 PM. Reason: link to another message board deleted

Re: Grizzly River Run coming to Paris?!

DCA must not be such a bad park overall. :hint: :hint:

Comment

The plan is 10 years old - the ride will most likely not come to Paris!!
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

Comment

sure hope it doesn't. California weather in its greatness doesn't seem warm enough to have grizzly river successful for more than 3 hours a day so I wouldn't dare imagine it under the french weather. that would be 3 hours a day only 2 months a year and the good years...

And as great an attraction as it is, it's still eats the room of 2 e-tickets. I really think those type of ride can only work in the florida weather, if you like to get wet. (not everybody does)
        Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

I personally would remove all water raft rides off Disney parks. They are so 6-Flags.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            I personally would remove all water raft rides off Disney parks. They are so 6-Flags.
            Kali River Rapids, if I recalled was a disappointment. I had ridden GRR several times before and Kali was lift, fire tree, drop, then rapids. GRR has a nice build up, and if they add some animatronics it will clearly be Disney worthy,

Comment

Comment

No, not all rides need animatronics, but that is the sort of ride the park needs. Splash would only be the park's third high-profile dark ride, as well as thrill ride #5. Grizzly would only provide the latter.

And Frontierland already has a big thrill ride on a mountain with no dark ride elements. It hardly needs two.

And then there's the weather... And the uncontrollable rafts... And the spectacularly inane placement for such a ride... It's a dumb idea. Thank goodness it was never seriously considered.

Comment

I'm rather interested in the raft ride that Universal Studios is planning for Singapore that is based on Jurrasic Park. River Raft rides are great and by no means deserve the Six Flags title, if done correctly. DCA's Grizzly River Run is one fine example in my opinion, beautiful theming.
                  Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

I predicted this eventuality with Parc le Monde of course...hehe.If they're gonna build a water ride it'll be Splash. Simple as. Of course I've been wrong before... Maybe not a new version, but the ride all the same.

Comment

GRR would be my third choice for DLP after TSMM and SplMtn, but bring it on! anything new would be a bonus. i think how the parks are now are adequate but not bursting :-)

Comment

For fun, I created this overlay of DLP's two lost E-tickets:

http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Comment

Oh how I love the idea of Indy there. It would have done so much for the park.

If only George Lucas hadn't ruined the viability of the franchise...

Although there's one thing I don't get. In that concept art, the Indy show building is squeezed completely inside the berm, which would mean passengers on the Disneyland Railroad would be looking at a great big wall.* Why not move the building over the tracks so that, like Pirates next to it, people could get a preview of the ride?

*Like at Disneyland; the camouflage really doesn't fool anyone.
                            Last edited by pussnboots; 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Being from Tennessee, whenever I ride Grizzly River Run, I'm instantly reminded of Grizzly River Rampage that used to be at Opryland (RIP) in Nashville. The only thing that was really different about Opryland's ride and CA's was the large face rock. Other than that, it was pretty similar.

So I'm kinda indifferent to raft rides. They just don't seem all that spectacular to me. If they were more thematic and had some story to them, I could see it.

That being said, the Jurassic Park one sounds like it might be worth a try.

I'd love an Indy themed one. I don't think the franchise has been ruined by KOTCS. Just treat it like I usually treat the Star Wars prequels - treat it as if it doesn't exist.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X