Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Help. I need a one day itinerary

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Help. I need a one day itinerary

Re: Help. I need a one day itinerary

Hmm.. mission: impossible. :-) I don't know what you saw last time so here's one plan:

If you want to see Crush's Coaster, you have to go to WDS first, before opening and rush for the ride. Also check schedules for daily shows at WDS (especially Cinemagique, don't miss) and go to DLP and get a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. Phantom and Pirates don't have fastpass so check out how long is the queue. Phantom Manor rarely has a long queue so you can leave that for afternoon or evening. After Big Thunder Mountain try to get a Fastpass for Peter Pan (extremely popular dark ride) or Space Mountain. Return to WDS, just before Cinemagique, take a Fastass for TOT and go see Cinemagique. After the show go to Rockn'n Roller Coaster because it usually is a five min wait. Check out Stunt show if you havn't seen it before and check out one of other shows there (Animagique or Armageddon). Tram Tour if time permits.

Go back to DLP and try to enjoy the atmosphere by walking around or take a railroad trip around the park (avoid Main St. station). Check out the castle and its basement. Walk through Nautilus. Indiana Jones and Star Tours has Fastpass too if you want to enjoy them, altough both have great theming in queue area.
    In June some rides are closed because of maintenance.

There is just too much to do, so you cannot do it in one day well. And in June DLP closes at 19.00 on weekdays.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Comment

Agreed, on average the resort takes about 3 days to do most of it, and that is still moving fast. Seeing both parks in 1 day is impossible. But here are some options:

If you like thrills (consult the guide so you don't miss the shows - Moteurs Action to me is a must see in WDS):

Start in DLP and go on Big thunder, then into Adventureland and go on Indy. Walk through the caves to Pirates of the Caribbean. then walk to Discoveryland and grab a fast pass for Space Mountain. Get in line for Buzz, then Star Tours, maybe explore 20k under the sea. By that time, it should be time to hop on Space Mountain.

Get on the train and head to Frontierland again and go on Phantom Manor.

Then grab a bite (the best counter services are in Frontierland IMHO - cowboy cookout BBQ and Fuente Del Oro). Take a little time to see the Castle including the dragon, the Labrynth and It's a Small World.

walk down Mainstreet (or hop the train). Leave for the Studios.

In the Studios, the priorities are Tot (grab a fast pass), RNR Coaster, Cinemagique and Moteurs Action. Save Crush for near park closing (while Stars and cars are on).
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

If looking for family friendly, then I recommend this itinerary:

Walk to the back of the park and hop on Peter Pan (grab a fastpass if the wait is more than 20 mins (have seen it as bad as 2.5 hours before). Ride Pinnochio and Snow White, as well as either Casey Jr or the Storybookland Canal boats (dependent on the shortest waits). Then It's a Small World.

Go over to Adventureland and ride Pirates, go through Adventure Isle to Frontierland and grab a fast pass for Big thunder, hop on Phantom Manor while in the neighbourhood.

then over to Discoveryland and grab a fastpass for Buzz and ride Star Tours and visit 20k under the Sea.

Over to the Studios, prioritise Cinemagique, Moteurs Action and Stitch Live. If you have really little ones, then Playhouse Disney and Animagique may appeal (skip if you have teens/adults).

then ride whichever you prefer in either park.

Comment

Here is the "Real" Disney experience one to squeeze most in:

Arrive 30 min before opening. Enjoy Main Street before it opens and book a table at Walt's for a late lunch/early dinner for about 20mins before the parade (request a window seat overlooking Main Street).

start with Big thunder, then Peter Pan, head back over to Pirates of the Caribbean, then Indy, and then Phantom Manor. .

Hop on the train to fantasyland and then ride It's a Small World. Walk through the castle and Dungeon (should be lunch time now, enjoy the parade and a lovely table service meal - however this could be a 2 hour experience) and head to Discoveryland. Grab a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, hop Buzz and Star Tours.

Go to the Studio and go on what you fancy (but leave Crush till near closing).

Comment

I would go to Tokyo. It's been less crowded than DLP lately.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              I would go to Tokyo. It's been less crowded than DLP lately.
              But much harder to get to from a hotel in Paris

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                book a table at Walt's for a late lunch/early dinner for about 20mins before the parade (request a window seat overlooking Main Street).
                by all means try this, but don't be surprised when the maitre'd completely ignores what table the CM at the door has given you and gives your table to the french family behind you, right in front of your face! livid is not the word.

also when you email DLP to complain don't be surprised to be told initially that they will fully investigate the incident, only to be sent a standard 'we don't discriminate' response a month later!

i'm not bitter though ;-)

WDW here i come (when i can save 5 grand).

Comment

Don't forget Extra Magic Hours! Although these are really just an excuse to open most of the park an hour later than they used to, it gives you a chance to see Buzz, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and the Fantasyland spinners for 2 hours before the day guests swarm in. Definitely worth getting up early for.

Comment

As far as Big Thunder is concerned, it seems much swifter later in the day and evening, when the wheels have had a chance to warm up. By comparison it can sometimes feel a little sluggish first thing in the morning. The same thing goes for most rollercoasters. The trade off is that you'll queue for ages, unless the park is open late and you go after 10.00pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney_Dad View Post
                      Don't forget Extra Magic Hours! Although these are really just an excuse to open most of the park an hour later than they used to, it gives you a chance to see Buzz, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and the Fantasyland spinners for 2 hours before the day guests swarm in. Definitely worth getting up early for.
                      I agree Double-D that the EMH are great and a real benefit.

However, it seems unlikely that the OP will be staying in a resort hotel if they are only going to the parks for one day. And that means they will not be able to enjoy this fantastic benefit.
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
                        by all means try this, but don't be surprised when the maitre'd completely ignores what table the CM at the door has given you and gives your table to the french family behind you, right in front of your face! livid is not the word.
                        Oh get over it Tibsy!
                        WDW - 1987 & 1991
                        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Thank you for all your help. Its very much appreicated.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney_Dad View Post
                            As far as Big Thunder is concerned, it seems much swifter later in the day and evening, when the wheels have had a chance to warm up. By comparison it can sometimes feel a little sluggish first thing in the morning. The same thing goes for most rollercoasters. The trade off is that you'll queue for ages, unless the park is open late and you go after 10.00pm.
                            Agreed, i love BTM late at night. The issue is, if he just has one day, it is best to get in line 1st thing to avoid a long wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
                              i'm not bitter though ;-)

WDW here i come (when i can save 5 grand).
                              funny, being in the swamps of Florida annoys me more that DLP. Go to California, the original, you'll have a much better time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X