X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Western River Expedition

"Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Re: Western River Expedition

Yay, I need to read it once again, but whoa.. sounds fun. I love Splash so my idea is to put it to Fantasyland and use your idea for something new in Frontierland.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Comment

Oklahoma Mountain? Not sure about that but well done for your detailed synopsis.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Well I would have used different music, but as you can see I'm no composer or anything. Believe me this whole attraction was a labor of love.
        "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

This looks amazing! I think it might be better served with original music though.

Comment

Sounds great! But the song Oh what a beautiful mornin is that what marc davis had in mine for the ride ? And noski when you say original music do you mean buddy baker had a original music score?If not the case why not Home on the range i think it fitz better.

Comment

Yes, Buddy Baker did write the music for Grim Grinning Ghosts and most of the cues are based on that, with the exception of the Attic, which is a minor/dissonent version of "Here Comes the Bride" (DLR and WDW versions, probably TDL too). In Phantom Manor, it may be harder to tell, but all the music except the stretching room is based on GGG also. Its just been put in 3/4 time.

As for your suggestion on the music, "Home on the Range" works too.

Comment

Yes, and to get my answer I went to the Widen your World site ,And (GUESS WHAT) Buddy Baker the Mastermind behind countless disney film scores and park tracks (including if you had wings ) reportedly began writing theme music for the attraction in a variety of different styles such as an introductory ballad, a double-time saoon style and an Epic Western style evocative of films like the big country and the magnificent seven.

Comment

(Saloon) style sorry for the type -o and the double post.And the Tumbling Tumbleweeds by sons of the pioneers works well too.

Comment

All in all I tink it is a great idea. I would only do 2 things differently:

1. Don't use storybooks at the beginning and end. It reminds me too much of Fantasyland.

2. Instead of lightning making the fire, how about the banditos. That way they have a reason for stopping you because you saw them set it.

I also like how you used the same names as the old Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland from Disneyland.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X