This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] All the small things...

With my DLRP trip fast approaching (two weeks on Monday!), I was just wondering what y'all thought were the best of the finer details of the resort, beyond just the rides and shops, what small things really do you like and think are worth seeing? I'll be sure to look out for them when I go!

Re: All the small things...

mmmhhh let's see ..... Ride the Keelboats , walking thrue Fort Comstock .... Night time at Disneyland Paris is gorgeous but Sorry this year Disneyland Paris will reduce the amount of opened Atractions . After 10pm only 3 attractions will remain open till 11pm which is Space Mountain , Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear .

I totally Disagree with Euro Disney SAS Management but if you think the same way go to City Hall and fill up a Complain . More complains they'll get more they'll understand their Stupidity .

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland Paris !!!!!!
    HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

OMG, I cannot believe this - either fight the crowds for the night shows or queue artificial hours for 3 attractions (what about the thrill of PM at night)! I have those mother Fers that are managing the park right now
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

That's insane, I must remember to fill out a complain.

My favourite 'little thing' is to go exploring the caves and get lost in their vast complexity

Comment

Unbelievable. The parks are busier than ever and they're operating the parks like it's a quiet February. (Well, almost.)

Now, Fizzog, I'm assuming you're more than familiar with the beaten path; the covered walkway, the nooks and crannies of Adventureland, Liberty Court and similar. But if scouring framed art and funny phone recordings isn't too boring for you, try lingering in Main Street until long after closing time, until they sort of kick you out. The shops will be busy with hysterically gesturing mothers, of course, and the merchandise is crap, but the decor is fantastic. And if you've read up on your Imagineering esoteria, you will find many things worth seeing, hearing and reading. Also try Cafe Fantasia at the Disneyland Hotel if you haven't already. Definitely worth a visit for the atmosphere. In fact, most restaurants (both fancy and not so fancy) are filled with great "small things," and are available to the weasly guest without actually ordering anything. Even those in Disney Village, even some at the Studios. Au Chalet de la Marionette for instance offers absolutely no incentive for a visit on its menu, but you could order a Perrier or a delicious cup of coffee-flavored instant coffee substitute and take in the great decor.

If that's not your thing, well, just do Big Thunder again, haha.

Comment

I derive huge pleasure from exploring Main Street and taking time out to read and look at things in the cases in the Arcades. Boot Hill, Adventure Isle, the shops in Fantasyland are a must.

Maybe have a shave and a haircut.

Or in the Studios, go and play with the lighting machines hiden in Studio 1, play in the giant fan near Armageddon's exit, sit on the motorcycle near Cafe de Cascadeurs, and of course, grap the umbrella in front of Le Parapluis de Cherbourg.

Do not miss Cinemagique. If on offer, the Mary Poppins show in Main Street, and defiantely do not miss the country band in Cowboy cookout BBQ or the TamTams near Hakuna Matata.
            Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Indeed Puss, I've done a fair bit of exploring before but obviously am not even close to seeing everything. Also the good news is that my two companions are in full support of this being Disney fans themselves, hehe. Thanks for all your suggestions, keep 'em coming (I'm particularly eager to see any hints of the sheer detail and backstory-related stuff of the state of things in '92).

Comment

My favourite part of a trip to DLP is leisurely wandering up Main Street eating some sweet, sickly confection while all around seem to be losing their heads.
                I also love spending time in Studio One over at WDS (the bands that frequent there are wonderful) and sitting outside of the Statue of Liberty exhibition in Liberty Arcade, watching people walking in and then emerging soon after with a 'is that it?!' expression on their face. Ah happy memories!
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X