• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News EDL sca Third quarter: Going down, but investing

EURO DISNEY S.C.A.
    Fiscal Year 2009
    Third Quarter Announcement
    Nine Months Ended June 30, 2009

• Nine-month year-to-date revenues decreased 7% to € 867 million, reflecting a decline in guest spending, in real estate revenues and in hotel occupancy
    • Third quarter revenues decreased 7% to € 308 million, reflecting declines in guest spending and hotel occupancy

Commenting on the results, Philippe Gas, Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S, said:

"Consistent with the broader tourism industry in Europe, our revenues have been impacted by the challenging economic environment and consumer spending behavior. At the onset of the economic down turn, we implemented promotional offers to which our proximity markets in particular have responded. This decision has succeeded in driving attendance to Disneyland Paris, confirming the strong affinity for quality Disney entertainment, while at the same time impacting guest spending and margins.

We are closely managing our costs and have curtailed certain capital spending in this current environment. However, in line with our long-term growth strategy we continue to invest in the resort and are developing new attractions to open next year."

In the coming months, the Company will be sharing details of new attractions that have begun construction and will be opened next year.

Source: EDL s.c.a. Press Release
    Last edited by Zarniwoop; 07-30-2009, 12:23 PM.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Re: EDL sca Third quarter: Going down, but investing

I hope this makes them reduce their prices within the resort. Yes there are some good deals going to get there and stay there but the cost of food, drink and merchandise is truely scandalous and is one of the reasons I have not hurried back.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
      I hope this makes them reduce their prices within the resort. Yes there are some good deals going to get there and stay there but the cost of food, drink and merchandise is truely scandalous and is one of the reasons I have not hurried back.
      Originally posted by fizzog
      Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

At the moment the operator can blame the free fall on the economic down turn, but with the World ecomony starting to show signs of improvement, buisness at the Resort should hopely improve soon, unless Swine Flu scares people away. Clearly Mickey's Magical Party has been a flop to some degree, but I wonder how much worst the results would have been without the event. Toy Story Land despite it sounding lame will increase capacity for the Studios and it will reverse the current downturn.

Regarding the prices at the Resort being so high, would we really be that bothered if it was not for the case that the pound is so weak against the Euro recently. I think attracting people to the Resort with lower accomendation rates, makes sense as the rooms need filling. If DLRP want to charge more than fair enough, but it should offer a quality experience for the price. Crap like Mickey's Magical Party and broken AA's on Phantom Manor don't cut it with me.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post

Regarding the prices at the Resort being so high, would we really be that bothered if it was not for the case that the pound is so weak against the Euro recently.
          No. I have always considered the prices within the resort are far too high. Moreso now. As my father always said - 'you don't mind paying for quality but when you start to feel like your getting ripped off...'
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
            No. I have always considered the prices within the resort are far too high. Moreso now. As my father always said - 'you don't mind paying for quality but when you start to feel like your getting ripped off...'
            Quite. My own father recently made a rough comparison of prices for each of the Disney resorts we've been to over the past few years (Paris, Orlando and Tokyo) and, even taking the exchange rates into account, Paris was the most expensive!

That was just a rough calculation, mind you. Perhaps someone with stronger maths skills than me could give us a direct comparison?
            Originally posted by fizzog
            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X