X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] Walt Disney Studios Toy Story Playland Update

Walt Disney Studios Toy Story Playland Update

Today, more details about Toy Story Playland, WDS next attraction, including DLP's short descriptions of each ride and the first map of the land. You will also find below the logos of each attraction - note that they may not be the final one - and new high-res pictures of the TSP posters, much better than the one i've posted previously.

Although these TSP posters were released and works on the ground began, surrounded by Toy Story themed fences, we're still waiting for the official announcement! However, Toy Story playland is now appearing on the 2010 map of the park, the kind of map you find in the park's brochure.

You don't see it well? Have a look to this closer view where you can see the giant Buzz Lightyear who will stand at the entrance, Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop on the right, RC Racer half pipe coaster on the left and Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin more or less in the center of the land.

Jump to Disney and more to read the full article with more high-res pictures of TSP posters and the synopsis of each attraction! :

Disney and more: Walt Disney Studios Toy Story Playland Update
    http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/

Re: Walt Disney Studios Toy Story Playland Update

i thought this was going to HKDL

Comment

Originally posted by wweecwdude View Post
      i thought this was going to HKDL
      Yah same here! What happened? Everyone at D23 were telling me that Hong Kong's Toy Story Land was only going there. By name only maybe?

Edit: on the link provided:

Toy Story Playland will open in June / July 2010 at the WDS and in 2011 at HKDL! It will be the 2010 new attraction for Disneyland paris Resort, and in the meantime if you don't have yet the great "Disneyland Paris, From sketch to Reality" book you will find below all infos to order one of the last copies. Don't miss it, it's a great book!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Tres laid.

Comment

While I think Toy Story Land fits in fine in the HORRIBLE Studios park, I think it is a total disaster for the Hong Kong Disneyland park.

The guys working the Parks section of the D23 Expo lied to us. They said that Toy Story Land would be unique to Hong Kong Disneyland. I specifically asked them about the rumor that it was coming to Disneyland Paris first and they said that was just a rumor and untrue. I also asked them if they felt that three small flat rides was a worthy justification for a "Land" in a Disneyland-style park. They said that what we saw in the initial drawings would not do it justice and that it would be fantastic. I don't believe that for a second.

It looks like total crap! I'm sorry, but all these kiddie playgrounds are obvious desperate attempts to fix the park fast (both of them). They are going for quantity over quality here. And if you don't believe that, just look at the totally Disney quality Mystic Point planned for Hong Kong Disneyland. That is not only worthy of a Disney theme park but drool worthy as well. I'd hop on a plane and fly all the way to Hong Kong to see that. Toy Story Land makes me want to change my mind.

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Who approves crap like this?
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post

Well obviously people can't blame Ed Grier anymore Not his park, nor his tenure. So hopefully people will start focusing further up the chain rather then picking on people for not being seen in their park as part of the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              While I think Toy Story Land fits in fine in the HORRIBLE Studios park, I think it is a total disaster for the Hong Kong Disneyland park.

The guys working the Parks section of the D23 Expo lied to us. They said that Toy Story Land would be unique to Hong Kong Disneyland. I specifically asked them about the rumor that it was coming to Disneyland Paris first and they said that was just a rumor and untrue. I also asked them if they felt that three small flat rides was a worthy justification for a "Land" in a Disneyland-style park. They said that what we saw in the initial drawings would not do it justice and that it would be fantastic. I don't believe that for a second.

It looks like total crap! I'm sorry, but all these kiddie playgrounds are obvious desperate attempts to fix the park fast (both of them). They are going for quantity over quality here. And if you don't believe that, just look at the totally Disney quality Mystic Point planned for Hong Kong Disneyland. That is not only worthy of a Disney theme park but drool worthy as well. I'd hop on a plane and fly all the way to Hong Kong to see that. Toy Story Land makes me want to change my mind.

I had the exact same conversation!! I asked them if this was indeed a land aimed at kids and they nodded. I asked why that's remotely a good idea and they explained the whole "parents wanted more things to do with their kids" and I quickly cut them off to say they should be making things for the whole family then! They shrugged.

They're not building for themselves anymore. They're trying to build for the people and that's when you miss.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X