This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDI Paris speaks!

(article read in disney central plaza board).

Re: WDI Paris speaks!

Originally posted by Olivier
    (article read in disney central plaza board).
    So the tower IS different after all.. At least the outside material and colors.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Comment

Now THAT'S interesting! Almost six months prior to the official opening date of Spring 2008.
      Originally posted by fizzog
      Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Hmm. It's about time they started to release more and more info on these rides.
        Tower 11-07? Wow...way earlier than expected, this is interesting news and Toons April 07...*sigh* so long to wait.

As far as the Tower's facade...I wonder if it's going to come in more white like La Terrese than DCA's tower.
        All concrete though, that is interesting.

But it's good they spoke...they need to promote these new rides with that kind of enthusiasm in that article...it's good for the parks.

Comment

good to hear that the tower can open earlier than expected .
          HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Where have I seen this before?

The new additions to the DLP Resort are very similar (if not almost identical) to attractions that have been added to Anaheim's Resort over the past two or three years.

Buzz Lightyear: DL got one, now DL Paris.

Tower of Terror: DCA got one, now WDS Paris.

Toon Studios for WDS Paris; Flik's Fun Faire for DCA.

Cars: Radiator Springs Spin Out in Toon Studios; Francis' Ladybug Boogie in Flik's.

Crush's Coaster in WDS Paris; Monster's, Inc. in DCA (opening soon).

The lineup is almost identical, and in some cases (Buzz, Tower, Cars/Ladybug) the ride IS identical, with simply a different or slightly modified theme/show applied.

The only truly original attraction being added is the Nemo dry-for-wet dark ride in Toon Studios. The blue sky development was created by Tony Baxter, and will (supposedly) incorporate some of the same digital projection scenes being added to the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage makeover at DL. And Crush's Coaster (what happened to the "Turtle Twister" name?) sounds infinitely more interesting than the Monsters, Inc makeover of Superstar Limo!

Hopefully, the addition of Tower and Toon Studios to the second gate in Paris will improve their dismal attendance. But for a Resort in such dire financial straits these days, this seems a bit skimpy. Tower did very little to improve DCA's attendance; ditto for Flik's Fun Faire.

Maybe Paris will have greater success with their new additions.
            "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Re: Where have I seen this before?

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
              Cars: Radiator Springs Spin Out in Toon Studios; Francis' Ladybug Boogie in Flik's.
              I don't see this connection... from the description, sounds more like the Car-Toon Spin. Ladybug Boogie is just a modified Teacups, enit?
              -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                I don't see this connection... from the description, sounds more like the Car-Toon Spin. Ladybug Boogie is just a modified Teacups, enit?
                Actually, BlueSkyDriveBy is right - the Cars ride is basically the same as the Ladybug Boogie. A figure of eight teacups ride, but with some very fancy themeing.
                Originally posted by fizzog
                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

And I don;t know if that Nemo/MI comparison is fair, they both sound like way differnt, amazing rides. The whole dark ride/coaster through the sea sounds fun, and MI while using a preexisting track is going to have scenes seen no where else, along with video monitors in the cas which other dark rides don't use...I think they both sound amazing.
                  I could go for WDW getting them :angel: .

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker
                    Actually, BlueSkyDriveBy is right - the Cars ride is basically the same as the Ladybug Boogie. A figure of eight teacups ride, but with some very fancy themeing.
                    Ah... so they basically just made it sound MUCH better than it is.

Why didn't they just say "Teacups clone" to begin with?!
                    -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
                      And Crush's Coaster (what happened to the "Turtle Twister" name?) sounds infinitely more interesting than the Monsters, Inc makeover of Superstar Limo!
                      My guess is that they wanted to keep the spinning part a surprise (as the Imagineer says in the article), and they felt having the word "twister" in the name gave it away. Just a guess.

Comment

This reminds me of all the great Roger Rabbit-inspired rides they had planned for MGM during the Disney Decade in 1990, of which...none came to be in the end.

Comment

Well at least one studio seems to be lucking out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X