Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain EO and SM update coming to Disneyland Paris?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Captain EO and SM update coming to Disneyland Paris?

A reliable source of mine that works at Disneyland Paris has informed me that Captain EO WILL be coming back to Discoveryland to replace HISTA.
    Not sure when but apparently it has been confirmed (behind closed doors).

Also, higher management is already looking at the 20th anniversary of Space Mountain in 2015. Apparently they want to do "something big" and they are looking back at the original.

Again, these are only rumours however the Captain EO one did come straight form the mouth of someone who IS in the know.

Lets hope they come true.

Re: New for DLRP

I've seen this rumour on other boards. It would make a pleasant change from HISTA, which I'm now rather tired of.

Comment

Comment

Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Comment

When in doubt. Makeover Space Mountain

Comment

Comment

If they really are considering to return original SM, they also must have thought to move Buzz to WDS Pixarland.

With a small extension for le visionarium buildning Imagineering could fit a Soarin' -theatre there and make Jules Verne's African adventure "Five Weeks in a Balloon" or "Around the World in 80 days" attraction.
              ----
              Cheers,
              Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
                With a small extension for le visionarium buildning Imagineering could fit a Soarin' -theatre there and make Jules Verne's African adventure "Five Weeks in a Balloon" or "Around the World in 80 days" attraction.
                This is a fantastic idea!

Comment

Originally posted by DLRPbigfan View Post
                  A reliable source of mine that works at Disneyland Paris has informed me that Captain EO WILL be coming back to Discoveryland to replace HISTA.
                  Not sure when but apparently it has been confirmed (behind closed doors).
                  This rumour has been popping up a lot recently and I really hope it is true! It would certainly be a smart decision if they did bring it back. I never got to see EO so if they did return it this year I would definitely be making a trip over there just to it (as would thousands of MJ fans all over Europe probably).

Also, higher management is already looking at the 20th anniversary of Space Mountain in 2015. Apparently they want to do "something big" and they are looking back at the original.
                  needs to be restored. Not only was the original a much better "Disney" attraction but it also seems there has been a huge loss of interest in the attraction amongst Disney fans (and even the general public) all over the world since it was changed. I don't know one person who thinks Mission 2 is an improvement on the original. Can you imagine the hype if they did restore it?! The DLP fan community would erupt with excitement!
                  Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

Comment

EO I don't really care all that much about, but restoring Space Mountain's ride to one that fits its queue, exterior, and surroundings, would be wonderful!

If they did that, and got rid of Buzz Lightyear (or at least changed the exterior back to its original look), then Discoveryland could return to its old glory.
                    Down with the Hat

Comment

I think I must be one of the few people on the boards that didn't enjoy EO the first time and didn't think that putting it back in the parks was a stellar idea.

For the cost of refurbing the attraction they could have come up with a whole new concept, using the newer 3d technology out there, that would have had more longevity for the attraction then a temporary homage.

3D soarin has it's merits? Or hell, even regular Soarin!

Comment

needs to be restored. Not only was the original a much better "Disney" attraction but it also seems there has been a huge loss of interest in the attraction amongst Disney fans (and even the general public) all over the world since it was changed. I don't know one person who thinks Mission 2 is an improvement on the original. Can you imagine the hype if they did restore it?! The DLP fan community would erupt with excitement![/QUOTE]

I agree, i would be the happiest person on the planet if da la terre a la lune came back, Mission 2 is just like any other indoor coaster around the world, the original was unique.

However, saying all this, an exact return to the original is out of the question, disney are not permitted to use the Jules Verne name or anything related to Jules Verne (the real reason why Mission 2 came about, and Visionarium went) the family that owns the Jules Verne name withdrew the rights for anyone, including Disney, to use them.

Comment

If EO comes back to even Paris, hopefully it'll be the kick in the pants Orlando needs to bring it back to EPCOT as well.

Comment

However, saying all this, an exact return to the original is out of the question, disney are not permitted to use the Jules Verne name or anything related to Jules Verne (the real reason why Mission 2 came about, and Visionarium went) the family that owns the Jules Verne name withdrew the rights for anyone, including Disney, to use them.
                            Jules Verne died over 100 years ago. While I do not know much about French copyright law, I doubt that the family still controls that much. I think something like this would have been big news. What you describe would also probably prevent Disney from making that prequel to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Comment

Re: Captain EO coming to Disneyland Paris?

I changed the subject of the thread so folks who are interested in this subject will join in the talks. "New for DLRP" is an obscure title.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X