Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Hotel New York repainting Question.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel New York repainting Question.

I was recently (or currently) doing a research analysis on the Hotel New York, and boy did it shock me doing a color chart for it when I had colors on a current photo that didn't match the elevation. It turns out photos from 1992 and a photo from 2003 have different colors.
    http://www.barb.nl/disneyficatie/Image51.jpg
    Old /\.
    http://images.straus.nl/frankrijk/di...rkwinter01.jpg
    New /\.
    Does anyone know when this color change came around?

Re: Hotel New York repainting Question.

I dont know, but the original is very typical Micheal Graves pallete (Who I'm Not Really Fond of... The Swan\Dolphin makes me sick)

Comment

It got rehabbed a few years ago. 2003 you say? I suppose it must have been rehabbed at the end of 2002 as I recall it happening in winter. Has it been that long?

I prefer the new scheme from a stylistic point of view (the first one was too '90s, too Graves, too much for a four star hotel), but that first image kind of takes me back. It's interesting to see how Disneyland Paris has almost completely taken on a new colour scheme in a decade or so.

Comment

Okay thanks. Yes the first one was very Graves, which is why I wanted to use it in my analysis.

I do have to say the new colors appear so much brighter, and I bet they work better when Paris is all cloudy and gloomy.

Comment

It looks less like the New York skyline and more like the apartment projects where the riots are taking place.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X