Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

EDL s.c.a. Fiscal Year 2005 Results

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDL s.c.a. Fiscal Year 2005 Results

- Net loss 35% smaller than last year
    - Forgiveness of
    debt by The Walt Disney Company
    - Revenues Up 3% Led by Theme Park Spending and Real Estate Growth
    - EBITDA Down 5% Impacted by Labour Cost Increases
    - Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast On Track to Open in April 2006.

Reports Annual Results for Fiscal Year 2005

Theme ParksHotels and Disney VillageOther RevenuesReal Estate SegmentCash Flows and Liquidity:New Investment Program:

Source: Euro Disney S.C.A.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Re: EDL s.c.a. Fiscal Year 2005 Results

Theme parks attendance has dropped down even with Space Montain Mission II.
    I hope this year with the arrival of a real new attraction will be better.

Comment

12, 3 million guests in 2005... Does any of you guys remember the attendance of the past years? The only thing that comes to my mind is that, no matter what they do, it seems they can't manage to go further than about 12/13 million guests per year.
      Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
      2007: World of Disney New York City
      2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
      1992: Euro Disney Resort
      2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
      1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
      1997: Walt Disney World
      1993: Disneyland

Comment

I think 2004 attendance was 12,4 M guests.

Comment

I have been saying all along... DLP will never get more than that in attendance. Time for Disney to give it up. No TOT will turn this place around.

Comment

But it will keep them coming...however as an individual park WDS needs more attendance. And I'd like to know, this 12.3 million, is that the combined total for the parks? If it is I am shocked...giving 2.2 to WDS thats 10.1 for Disneyland...down from the 12 million it used to pull on it's own.
            Still that is good news in the financial department, net loss down 35%, that is very good news.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
              DLP will never get more than that in attendance. Time for Disney to give it up.
              Yep and re-build it in spain, where Europeans actually go for their vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom319
                Yep and re-build it in spain, where Europeans actually go for their vacations.
                Though I often think it would have been such a better experience with a milder weather, I strongly doubt attendance level would get any better. To be honest, I thing it would have faced even more trouble. The real problem of DLRP is having built all those hotels and having such a huge debt. With a smaller debt, I think about 12 million guests wouldn't be a problem.

The real problem is that WDS thing (the worst ...ehm disney park ever). I'm pretty sure the only reason they built it was for marketing, because they can now better sell the hotels, but nobody is going there and nobody will... and I think it's happening what happened with DCA actually stealing guests from Disneyland.
                Last edited by massimo; 11-16-2005, 10:40 PM.
                Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
                2007: World of Disney New York City
                2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
                1992: Euro Disney Resort
                2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
                1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
                1997: Walt Disney World
                1993: Disneyland

Comment

Originally posted by massimo
                  The real problem is that WDS thing (the worst ...ehm disney park ever). I'm pretty sure the only reason they built it was for marketing, because they can now better sell the hotels, but nobody is going there and nobody will... and I think it's happening what happened with DCA actually stealing guests from Disneyland.
                  Besides big debt EDL has/had two other problems: 1) bundle of new competing off-site hotels were built and 2) EDL was forced to build WDS because otherwise they'd lost the right for the property. When contract was made with French goverment back in the '80s they agreed a condition to build second gate before end of 2002.
                  ----
                  Cheers,
                  Zarniwoop

Comment

These financial statements are always such a mixed bag that it's becoming hard to tell what's good news and what isn't. It's a shame the attendance figures are down again, although I hadn't expected the new Space Mountain to make any dramatic improvements to the numbers.
                    I expect we'll see a slight increase in attendance following the opening of Buzz, but it won't be until the double whammy of Toon Studios and the Tower that things will really pick up.
                    Originally posted by fizzog
                    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
                      Besides big debt EDL has/had two other problems: 1) bundle of new competing off-site hotels were built and 2) EDL was forced to build WDS because otherwise they'd lost the right for the property. When contract was made with French goverment back in the '80s they agreed a condition to build second gate before end of 2002.
                      I thought that the resort just needed 3 parks by 2019...not a second one by 2002...never heard that one.

But I agree about hte hotels. You allow cometitors to build hotels right by the parks, and market them along with your own...hello? Anyone home?
                      They are still having hotel problems and frankly adding to WDS (and doubling it) can make it more attractive and get mroe people...but they;ve got a bit to go. 2007 at least before attendance jumps.

Comment

Then there is Paris... who wants to go to Disneyland when you have a great city to discover 30 mins away?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          Then there is Paris... who wants to go to Disneyland when you have a great city to discover 30 mins away?
                          Very true, but then you could say exactly the same thing about Tokyo, non? And L.A. And Hong Kong, come to think of it.
                          Originally posted by fizzog
                          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X