No announcement yet.

1 Day, 2 Kids (4 and 6), April 13-24 2011. Advice?

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 1 Day, 2 Kids (4 and 6), April 13-24 2011. Advice?

I read a lot of the other thread recommendations for a summer trip and what to do, etc. I love all of the info!

I am visiting Paris for the first time with my two daughters and my paris-veteran friend. Our trip initially had NO Disneyland Paris planned at all. Alas, I have been coerced into squeezing in at least one day by my co-workers!

We are going to be in Paris from 4-13-11 to 4-24-11. The second week is spring break (important?). I saw that there are several refurbishments occuring during this time. My girls are 4 and 6 and have been to Disneyland, CA once just this last summer and they loved everything. My youngest, then 3, loved the Matterhorn most of all!

Are there any recommendations of must-see events, places at night, for the ages that my girls are? I thought maybe I could surprise them (by announcing another day at a museum), since it seems the train drops you off right at the front. But still want to know if a one-day is doable, and worth it during this time of year and refurbishment activities? Would the castle be inaccessible? Any secret tips? What is the ONE food thing not to miss (like the man-catching Mickey beignets in the French Quarter-YUM)?

The whole Paris thing is exciting enough - but to add Disneyland Paris?? WOW!

I appreciate your expertise,

Re: 1 Day, 2 Kids (4 and 6), April 13-24 2011. Advice?

At first: pick a weekday! Weekends can be really busy, especially the Easter weekend!
    You could try and find out if there are any late openings planned for these dayas, but so early in the season, it will probably only be open late on weekends.

Second; it is very well doable and even with a lot of refurbishments you will still enjoy yourself.
    I would stick to one park and choose the Disneyland Park. If possible, you could stay for one night in one of the Disney hotels on site, you'll problaby have the possibility of early magic hours.

My oldest son (4 at the time of our latest visit) really did like Buzz Ligthyear, Autopia, the train and almost all attractions in Fantasyland. He also liked running around Adventure Isle in Adventureland very much. Caves, bridges, water and such.

The castle will be open to walk trough and climb the stairs to the first floor (that is; the second floor in the US!).

There will be a daily parade in the afternoon. For other shows etc, you could take a peak a

Next to DLP, there is Disney Village, a little bit like Downtown Disney in CA. Shops and restaurants.

The RER train from Paris (about 45 min) does stop right in fornt of the park entrance.

Ad Widget