This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Potential WDS Master plan?

So I hear there is supposedly a new master plan for WDS in the works. Which can only be a good thing, question is though, just what can they do?

It'd be easy to do a bit of armchair imagineering and turn it into a park we know it should be (which is great, and I love hearing the ideas) but in reality they have, in some ways, painted themselves in a corner with the current layout, so I presume further expansion would require some drastic measures.

And before anyone says it, "starting all over" isn't an option!
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Re: Potential WDS Master plan?

Actually yes, there is a master plan! P. GAS said it himself during the last General Meeting.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

Yes !

I just wonder how will they find money?
      I really hope we will have some huge changes !

Comment

This is what we know for the moment :
        - The expansion area :

- And MAYBE a new hotel next to the Studios. But we aren't sure at all! It's just a plan with an hotel project.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

And this is why I didn't create a thread.
          Disneyland Paris has a lot of amazing projects (Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure, Little Mermaid, a third theme park...) but doesn't have money to make them real unfortunately...

Comment

You're right! It's too bad! The resort could be so more amazing!
            Last edited by DisneylandParis; 03-20-2011, 05:40 AM.

Comment

The notion of a new hotel still makes me shudder, but that's a whole other problem.

As for WDS, well one of the major things that needs doing is the re-routing of the tram tour, but that would be pointless until something exists behind its current location.

So really they need to build new attractions on that expansion pad before it moves.
              sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
              Walt Disney

Comment

hmm if they could move the tram tour at the back of the expansion and toy story or bulldoze toy Story
                I would love to see a similar Part 1 + Part 2 expansion just like California Adventure!
                Here come's the bride.
                As long as we live.
                Till death do us part.
                You may kiss the bride.

Comment

I'm curious as to what additional lands and attractions they have planned for such a major expansion.

You can only stretch the studios theme so far.

Comment

Comment

Actually, Gas said DLP currently has enough money to pay off debts, undergo maintenance in DL Park and Expand WDS. They can't just spend billions in one go, they need to be very cautious, I think the next 10 years are gonna' be huge in terms on expansion and development at DLP though.
                      Disneyland Paris: August 1999 Sante Fe - October 2000 Sante Fe - March 2002 Sante Fe - November 2010 Cheyenne
                      Walt Disney World: May 2011 All Star Movies - November 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
                      Tokyo Disney Resort: 2012 (hopefully!)

Comment

One answer : the money. Like ben1993 said, they can't spend all the money in one go. They need to be very cautious. There are still debts to pay off.
                        The only way for a big expansion for the Studios right now, is to do just like at DCA ;-)

Comment

Agreed. WDI and EDLI are not burnt out, in fact they're probably both eager to add new attractions to WDS, and probably have pitched no end. It then comes down to that important question "combien?" ("how much"?)

As for what lands they could add, well I guess there is only so much you can add to the park. Just look at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
                          sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

A studios park should have endless potential IN THEORY as a film could be set anywhere, involve any theme. It isn't a lack of ideas I'm sure.

Let us hope the Ratatouille ride will show that a good investment will bring good results.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog
                              Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X