Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you ever worry about closure?

I didn't know where else to put this topic but since this would likely apply to DLRP the most (at the moment), do you worry that one or both parks would have to close seasonally or temporarily in order to deal with the financial crisis at the resort? I know that the resort has past experiences in closing one or two of its hotels seasonally. Do you ever worry that Disney would ever have to close one of its own parks permanently if it's not making any revenue?

Re: Do you ever worry about closure?

I know for a fact that resort management were seriously considering closing the Walt Disney Studios for the winter period in 2002/03. It had just limped through its first summer and was already losing them a fortune. For whatever reason, they decided to keep it open. If they didn't do it then, I don't think they'll do it now. But we did come close to having the world's first seasonal Disney theme park.
    Last edited by soundtracker; 04-27-2011, 02:12 AM. Reason: Got my dates confused!
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

It would be a little difficult for WDS in the winter of 2001/2002 because the park only opened in march 2002, so I think you mean 2002/2003.

Nevertheless, i do fear the draconic measures which business suites think are necessary to solve this crisis. Although I do not think that they will close WDS for the off season. More I fear short-term popular budget cuts like closing attractions, shutting down effects, buying cheap attractions. I fear Goofy's Sky School, Primeval World...

Comment

ORWEN: Boy, have I worried about closure! I mean, after all the trauma I've been through for most of my entire life--having to put up with coming from a movie that BOMBED so bad at the box office! Then having to put up with a certain nasty, old biddy who blames me for every possible situation gone wrong in her own sorry life! Yes, I really NEED some closure because, otherwise, it's enough to make a good witch turn BAD!!!

ORGOCH: Anybody got a violin?

(Sounds of slappings and snappings followed by moans and groans...)

Comment

Thanks for correcting my wayward time keeping, BeDay. I think you're quite right to worry about the closure of certain "extras" within the resort (such as effects, shows and street performances). Rather than outright closure, we're more likely to see the Disney experience shrink as the financial problems continue to bite. Having said that, however, these cutbacks were at their worst under Jay Rasulo in the early 2000s and things have steadily improved since then!
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X