• TimmyTimmyTimmy
    Banned User
    • Dec 2008

Video What to expect from the Ratatouille Ride

• Dagobert
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2007

Re: What to expect from the Ratatouille Ride

Thanks for the video. That's an interesting technology.

Are there any news about Ratatouille? Is the ride still on the agenda?

Comment

• Vincent
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2010

Yes but not before 2014 !

Comment

• Dagobert
        MiceChatter
        • Feb 2007

Let's wait and see. That's a long time. I will believe it, when the building is rising.

Comment

• DisneylandParis
          DisneyParks Fan
          • Oct 2010

Ratatouille Ride is predicted for late 2014/early 2015. But there will be something in 2013, something else.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
            Banned User
            • Dec 2008

Comment

• Witches of Morva
              Minion
              • Jan 2005

ORWEN: Hi, Timmy, duckling! Thank you for these updates of yours.

ORDDU: Yes, we love our Timmy.

ORGOCH: Got hugs?
              Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 11-23-2011, 08:59 AM. Reason: Reference to rep removed.

Comment

• Dagobert
                MiceChatter
                • Feb 2007

So there will be something else in 2013? I just hope it will not be another bunch carnival rides like TSPL or another cheap show. It's time for a quality ride.

I also hope that Jack Sparrow isn't coming to POTC.

I doubt that ST II is coming, since ED SCA CEO Philippe Gas said that it is currently too expensive to upgrade the ride. In the US parks it didn't bring more guests to the parks.

Given the financial situation I would already be happy if Disney keeps the refurbs in the resort going on. I would also be pleased if SM would be rethemed to "From Eath to the Moon". I don't know if the track needs to be replaced. Maybe it just needs new vehicles.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                  Banned User
                  • Dec 2008

I think it is a combination of new vehicles and tracks that is needed for SM. A thing like that would take 6 - 12 months to do in the park.
                  But all of that is not what I hope is comming for 2013... if anything.

Comment

• erider
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Jul 2010

Let's be realistic. If something will come in 2013 and still has to be build, they have about 1,5 year to build it (if it would open in summer 2013). You can't expect DLP to build an E-ticket ride in 1,5 years, since that usually takes at least a year longer. So I would expect an upgrade of an attraction or a new smaller C of D ticket ride.

Comment

• DisneylandParis
                      DisneyParks Fan
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                      But all of that is not what I hope is comming for 2013... if anything.
                      What would you want for 2013... inasmuch as possible?

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

• Dagobert
                        MiceChatter
                        • Feb 2007

What are the possibilities for DLRP. I mean even the smallest ride needs funding and we all know ED SCA isn't blessed with money. So I think it will be a bigger show for one of the theatres.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DisneylandParis View Post
                          What would you want for 2013... inasmuch as possible?

Comment

• Dagobert
                            MiceChatter
                            • Feb 2007

Common sense is that DLP has the best POTC version and so I really hope Jack Sparrow will not be added to the ride. It should stay as it as.

I always hoped that when Tokyo announces Star Tours 2, DLRP will also be forced to open it, but I think it will take a long time until we see it in Paris.

Although ST 2 didn't bring more people to the US parks, I still think that in Europe it can improve the attendance with a big advertising campaign.

Comment

• DLPfan1992
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
                              Common sense is that DLP has the best POTC version and so I really hope Jack Sparrow will not be added to the ride. It should stay as it as.

I always hoped that when Tokyo announces Star Tours 2, DLRP will also be forced to open it, but I think it will take a long time until we see it in Paris.

Although ST 2 didn't bring more people to the US parks, I still think that in Europe it can improve the attendance with a big advertising campaign.
                              If I weren't on Mice Chat I would not know that ST 2 existed. Poor advertisement by Disney.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2008

Comment

• Dagobert
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Feb 2007

According to the official OLC press release, the revamp costs about 100 mio Dollars. I do understand that Disneyland PAris is hesitant to inverst such a huge amount of money. You can build a new attraction for that.

BUT Star Wars is such a well known franchise and I still think it has the potential to make the resort more popular. On the other hand both parks, the hotels and DV still need TLC and I wouldn't mind that they spend their money on that. First fix the current problems and then add rides. However SM and TOT proved that great new rides can boost the attendance.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                                    Banned User
                                    • Dec 2008

Comment

• Dagobert
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Feb 2007

I know Star Tours is in a very bad condition. It desperately needs a refurb. I've seen pictures and videos in which the plastic parts inside the Starspeeder have been fixed with duct tape.

Honestly I don't mind if DLP doesn't upgrade the queue area. It still looks good, they should just clean it. The Starspeeder looks fine in blue as well. But Disney should upgrade the simulator to ST II and of course the interior of the Starspeeder.

Comment

• Baloo
                                        • Jun 2005

Advertisement for star tours was not global because WDI already knew that the attraction in the other resorts would eventually get an upgrade. The whole reason of the upgrade was to increase domestic travel. here in the states for Anaheim the attraction did have a big advertising push along along with the mermaid attraction and lines to only exceeded expectations but continue to do so. The attraction constantly runs out of fast passes early and the extended queue is almost always used.
                                        The one in WDW did not get the huge push that theone in Anaheim got but thats only because they already have the yearly star wars days that gives the attraction plenty of media attention and fan recognition. They also had a soft opening which made for low to mild attraction lines during its first few weeks of opening.

Not sure why people would think that the upgrade did not increase the attractions popularity.

Tokyo will get pretty much the same attraction as the states but since they have a much bigger and elaborate queue the expense for upgrade and refurbishment is much larger.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X