Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seat/Harness improvements coming to Space Mountain!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Seat/Harness improvements coming to Space Mountain!

This is excellent news, and if the comments from those who have ridden the test train are true, looks like they have found a relatively cheap way to fix the major issues with DLP's Space Mountain.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com.au...l-get-new.html

Re: Seat/Harness improvements coming to Space Mountain!

Ok a new harness. I bett the DLP forums out there are buzzing of excitement.

What everyone else wonders is when will they fix the actual ride.

Comment

Give us a break --"

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandParis View Post
        Give us a break --"
        ...as if I am wrong...
        The most turbulent and neckbreaking ride ever gets a cheap fix up. Better than nothing... but not much more than that. Who on earth likes the Mission 2 theme?
        Only a matter of time before that coaster derails as well.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            ...as if I am wrong...
            The most turbulent and neckbreaking ride ever gets a cheap fix up. Better than nothing... but not much more than that. Who on earth likes the Mission 2 theme?
            Not a cheap fix up. The trains will be changed with a new, better onride audio system! And according to beta-testers, the ride is really smooth with these new harnesses. And what this improvement has to do with Mission 2 theme? It's not the subject here.
            Only a matter of time before that coaster derails as well.
            Really? And who are you to say that?

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
            He is pretty sure that the report will show that the material used had a damage.
            And he's right. As I said it in an other topic, the rock had defect from the manufacturer.

Hi, I'm a french who tries to speak in English! Please forgive me for the horrible mistakes I make. And don't hesitate to correct me :-) Thank you!

Comment

Not a cheap fix up. The trains will be changed with a new, better onride audio system! And according to beta-testers, the ride is really smooth with these new harnesses. And what this improvement has to do with Mission 2 theme? It's not the subject here.

Really? And who are you to say that?

And he's right. As I said it in an other topic, the rock had defect from the manufacturer.
              Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Did the rock cause the train to derail, or did the derailed train cause the rock to fall down?

If the rock caused the problem, then Disney might be responsible as well, because the decoration can not be associated with the ride manufacturer.

As for the new harnesses, I can imagine that it might improve the ride quality, because your head will not bump the whole time against the restraints. So that helps a lot. However I think one day it will be necessary to work on the track, or to replace the trains.

Comment

When they built Space Mountain, the track from Vekoma had been delivered with a guarantee. And this guarantee is available until 2025. To replace the actual tracks of the ride with a new one, they will have to "destroy" a part of the dome.

The rock from the "manufacturer"... oh please give us a break on that.
                  You are free to believe me or not.

Did the rock cause the train to derail, or did the derailed train cause the rock to fall down?
                  If the rock caused the problem, then Disney might be responsible as well, because the decoration can not be associated with the ride manufacturer.
                  As for the new harnesses, I can imagine that it might improve the ride quality, because your head will not bump the whole time against the restraints. So that helps a lot. However I think one day it will be necessary to work on the track, or to replace the trains.
                  I was talking about the first accident. The second is due to "katerpillar"
                  The trains will be replaced!

Comment

Thanks for the info, DisneylandParis!

So what does that guarantee mean? Vekoma is forced to replace the track, if it is damaged and I guess that means Disney is not responsible for that damage.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the restraints are going to be replaced and not the whole train.

Can anyone clarify the BTM accidents again. I know there were two. The one with the rock anf the other one with the derailed train. I must have mixed them up.

I can only imagine that the derailed train was caused by a material failure, like I explained in my post above.

However I have problems to believe that Disney doesn't have any responsibility when it comes to the rock.

Comment

When they built Space Mountain, the track from Vekoma had been delivered with a guarantee. And this guarantee is available until 2025. To replace the actual tracks of the ride with a new one, they will have to "destroy" a part of the dome.

You are free to believe me or not.

I was talking about the first accident. The second is due to "katerpillar"
                      The trains will be replaced!

---------- Post added 02-24-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

However I have problems to believe that Disney doesn't have any responsibility when it comes to the rock.
                      this reality and not in a world of imagination and DLP fanaticism...
                      Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-24-2012, 05:53 AM.

Comment

TimmyTimmyTimmy, you're constant use of hyperbole negates your otherwise often valid concerns. The bumpiness is due in large part to the design of the Arrow/Vekoma track system and is not in of itself an indication of maintenance issues. To rectify this "issue" the attraction would have to be redesigned for a new track system.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                          TimmyTimmyTimmy, you're constant use of hyperbole negates your otherwise often valid concerns. The bumpiness is due in large part to the design of the Arrow/Vekoma track system and is not in of itself an indication of maintenance issues. To rectify this "issue" the attraction would have to be redesigned for a new track system.
                          The ride is not as smoth now as it used to be. Nobody counts on SM in DLP should be calm. But it could be as "smoth" as it was in the first 5-10 years of operation.
                          ...and the Mission 2 theme (whetever that is) sucks.

Comment

The ride is not as smoth now as it used to be. Nobody counts on SM in DLP should be calm. But it could be as "smoth" as it was in the first 5-10 years of operation.
                            Such is the case with all coasters featuring the same Arrow/Vekoma track design. Just replacing the track only puts you in the same boat down the road.

Comment

this reality and not in a world of imagination and DLP fanaticism...
                              That's what I wanted to say with my post. In the first place Disney is responsible for everything that happens in the parks. The costumer or the guest in that case bought a ticket and so Disney s responsible to the guest. However, if the ride has a malfunction, that doesn't automatically mean, that it is Disney's fault, especially when Disney did everything according to laws which prohibit failures, like testing rides each morning and the checks that have to be done once a year.

I'm pretty sure Disney is responsible for the rock and it's also responsible for the derailed train. But in the case of the derailed train, there is a possibilty that it was caused by a failure in the material. So Disney can subrogate against the manufacturer of the ride, because that one is responsible for the material.

That's all I wanted to say and I don't live in the world of imagination and DLP fanaticism. I would appreciate if you would stop that sidekicks. I agree with you on many things when it comes to DLRP, but there is no need for such phrases.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X