X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Paramount London Park

New UK Theme Park Rival For Disneyland Paris | LBC

Looks like DLP may have a UK rival soon. Paramount is part of a project to build a resort on an old cement works next to the Ebsfleet Eurostar termina. When complete there will be a water park and shopping & entertainment as well as the theme park.

Using the high speed line it will only be 17 mins from central London

Re: Paramount London Park

Hmm. I'm in the undecided camp at the moment. Certainly is a huge site, but the backdrop isn't exactly that glamorous.

One thing does concern me is that it could very well dilute the market, especially for the UK parks.

EDIT: Plus aren't they already planning/constructing one in Murcia, Spain? Guess we're going into an era of regional resorts.
    Last edited by Hathaway Browne; 10-08-2012, 05:38 AM.
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Comment

So how many themeparks does Paramount want to build in Europe? First Spain, now the UK, and then maybe one in Germany?

Comment

And there's the one in South Korea that just never happened. I'm afraid with this UK version, I'll believe it when I see it.
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

Meh. I'm getting the same vibe on this that I did with both the Dreamworks "park" in Shanghai and the Marvel "park" in Dubai. There seems to be a lot of would be entrepreneurs in the global marketplace trying to hype up over-glorified shopping malls as theme parks. I could be wrong of course, but the initial press details and concept art is pretty light on details, and looks and reads more like a shopping resort than a theme park to me.
          Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
          Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
          Disneyland Paris: 2010
          Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
          Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
          Efteling:2011
          Lotte World: 2012

Comment

Believe it when I see it, and I doubt we'll ever see it.

Comment

Comment

tbh the likely hood that this will even happen in the uk is low. DLP is certainly fine for now

Comment

There was something depressing about that video.

If they announced that they were building a Harry Potter Park that would be ten times the size of The WW of HP in Orlando with many of the props used in the movies,

and the new location for London's Madam Tussaud's (not just another branch) as part of the park,

the world of Roald Dahl including an e-ticket ride through an actual candy factory (Cadbury),

a theater that would present spectacular 30-40 minute presentations of Shakespeare plays or collections of scenes designed for whole families (smart families),

and a Beatles cover band stage for multi-media Beatles tribute shows

then I'd eagerly await this development.
                  Last edited by jcruise86; 10-12-2012, 08:21 AM. Reason: to delete a "be" & "-ing"

Comment

I hope they're planning a lot of indoor venues.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X