• Show
Clear All

• [Idea] #SaveDisneylandParis - A petition to ask TWDC to step in

Click image for larger version

Name:	kAARxvIlwcJBqAA-556x313-noPad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	7373185

Hi, I'm the author of the article mentioned on this thread, about Disneyland Paris bad state.

In regard of this post, several Twitter folks came up with the idea of an open letter coupled with an online petition asking The Walt Disney Company to finally step in and find sustainable solutions for DLP - no quick fixes like they use(d) to do.

This probably won't make Bob Iger say something like "OMG they're so right, here you go, 2.3$ billion to solve the problem!". We just want to make our voice heard. TWDC take its european consumers for fools for 20 years and we're tired of it.

Link to petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/mr-...sneyland-paris

Here is a copy of the letter:

Dear Mr. Iger,

Thanks to your efforts, The Walt Disney Company is now operating stronger than ever. This can mostly be attributed to a series of important key events needed to solve major problems:

- The Pixar acquisition (2006)

- The revamp and expansion of Disney California Adventure (2008-2012)
    - The Marvel Entertainment acquisition (2009)

- The Lucasfilm acquisition (2012)

When Disneyland Park (then Euro Disneyland) opened its gates back in 1992, it truly was Disney's greatest achievement; a technological and artistic marvel. Its high quality shows, rides and theming proved successful with European audiences, and its guest experience was similar, if not superior, to that of Disneyland and Walt Disney World. However, due to constant financial problems, the overall quality of the experience has slowly deteriorated over the years. The many years of budget cuts in maintenance, entertainment and food and beverage, have left the resort in an unacceptable neglected state.

1. Maintenance

2. Budget Cuts

The lack of maintenance combined with the budget cuts have created a never-ending cycle of ride breakdowns, which affects all types of rides. These breakdowns, together with lowered capacity, make the park constantly overcrowded while Disneyland Paris keeps beating attendance numbers year after year; the resort welcomed 16 million guests in 2012. As a result, a day at Disneyland Paris has become a succession of walks between what is open and what is not.

3. Food

What is perhaps even more concerning, besides the low food quality at premium prices, is the opening hours of some of the restaurants. When Disneyland Park closes at 11:00 p.m., you would expect to be able to have a nice evening dinner, not to discover the restaurant closed at 7:30 p.m.. These short opening hours make it impossible to book a meal for later in the day; you either have to plan ahead or settle for counter service offerings in Disneyland Park or Disney Village.

4. Walt Disney Studios Park

Beyond these four main categories (Maintenance, Budget Cuts, Food, Walt Disney Studios Park), there is also plenty of work to be done on the ageing Disney Village, the mediocre-quality merchandising and its lack of diversity, and the outdated Disney Hotels that offer poor services at extremely high rates.

Of course, there are positive things about Disneyland Paris. The original design from 1992 is stunning, cast members are devoted and friendly, the nighttime entertainment show Disney Dreams! is amazing and the renewal of the Halloween and Christmas seasons started last year looks promising. Unfortunately, the poor operational management tarnishes these assets.

Mr. Iger, we ask you to take a good look at the operational budget for Disneyland Paris. We ask you to stop neglecting the most beautiful park ever built by your Imagineers. We ask you to restore the quality of the dining experiences, bring back live entertainment with stage shows and streetmosphere, fix broken effects and theming as soon as noticed, completely rethink the second gate and, of course, open new and exciting rides in both the Walt Disney Studios Park as well as Disneyland Park. No quick fixes, but a lasting solution to the problems that have plagued our resort since the very beginning.

Walt Disney once said that "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." Since 2005, you have brilliantly saved Disney, including the rescue programs for Disney California Adventure and Hong Kong Disneyland. We now ask you to save Disneyland Paris... for good.

Regards,

#SaveDisneylandParis
    We encourage you to copy-paster this letter and link to the petition on your favorite websites, blogs, forums and social networks. Please note that we've translated in French, Dutch, German, Spanish and Italian. Feel free to read and share the version you want on this Tumblr, on my blog or on the petition page itself.

In half a day, we already collected more than 500 signatures!

So please sign it and share it

Thanks!

http://www.leparcorama.com - Disney parks minus the magic.

Re: #SaveDisneylandParis - A petition to ask TWDC to step in

Just signed

Comment

just signed!

Comment

That's a really good letter, but reading the beginning made me think: What if not for those gargantuan Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm acquisitions? Think how far all that money could have gone to amazing new attractions NOT based on films in each and every park...
        Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

let's hope the big bosses listen to us! the real fans who love Disney...

Comment

Signed. I agree with every word in this petition. My visit a few years ago was disheartening - I could see that, if only the parks were given more TLC, it could truly rival Disneyland in Anaheim.

That picture of the seagull from Finding Nemo just says everything. That's pretty horrible. I can only imagine how many children that upsets...

The food is awful, and it's PARIS for goodness sake! Who the heck screws up a chicken sandwich? Disneyland Paris :/

The most-visited tourist site in all of Europe deserves far more premium treatment. My family that lives in Paris has always mocked my love of Disneyland. When I finally visited their theme park, I understood why. They think that the Mouse handles all of its properties the same everywhere because theirs is in disrepair. So sad.

Comment

Just signed!

I am actually very sad to hear about the condition of Disney Paris. I am taking my first trip out to Paris next year, and Disneyland Paris was at the top of my list. After much research and information such as this, I think I'll spend that day elsewhere.

Thank you so much to all those who love and care about Disney as much as I do; and to those who do what they can to keep their standards up to the expectations we all know Disney deserves.

Comment

@ Addiction41999. It is still worth a visit! Next year Ratatouille will be ready, the Disneyland Mainpark is still very nice and you will love Disney Dreams!
                But there is indeed a lot of work that need to be done.

Comment

Signed, thankyou!
                  First visit to a Disney Park was to Tokyo Disneyland in Oct, 2005. I was hooked! Was so blessed to visit Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2009, the original Disneyland and California Adventure in 2010, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea in 2011, and an incredible 5 night stay at Disneyland Paris in February 2013.

Comment

@ Addiction41999
                    You should go to Disneyland Paris anyway to make your own opinion ! It is always good for us to have an objective opinion for someone who lives in USA about our resort.

That said, thanks for all of you guys for supporting us in this action. European Disney guests should not been considered as second-class by TWDC.

#SaveDisneylandParis

Comment

An article in the UK's Independent newspaper highlights this cause.

Disneyland Paris feels fury of disenchanted customers as more than 5,000 visitors sign petition demanding higher standards

Theme park enthusiast starts petition after being shocked by closed attractions and 're-heated food in one of the most expensive restaurants'
                      Disneyland Paris feels fury of disenchanted customers as more than 5,000 visitors sign petition demanding higher standards - Crime - UK - The Independent
                      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                      Walt Disney

Comment

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 09-15-2013, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I sure hope it's cleaned up by the time my son's family moves to Germany late next year. I'd like to squeeze in a visit while they are there.
                          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                          sigpic

Comment

Just signed, plus wrote my own statement as well. This is perhaps the most pressing blight that the current Walt Disney Company needs to fix!
                            Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                              Signed. I agree with every word in this petition. My visit a few years ago was disheartening - I could see that, if only the parks were given more TLC, it could truly rival Disneyland in Anaheim.

That picture of the seagull from Finding Nemo just says everything. That's pretty horrible. I can only imagine how many children that upsets...

The food is awful, and it's PARIS for goodness sake! Who the heck screws up a chicken sandwich? Disneyland Paris :/

The most-visited tourist site in all of Europe deserves far more premium treatment. My family that lives in Paris has always mocked my love of Disneyland. When I finally visited their theme park, I understood why. They think that the Mouse handles all of its properties the same everywhere because theirs is in disrepair. So sad.
                              I'll just say: Disney, know your customer.

The French are obsessed with food, they plan their days around picking up ingredients at home and what restaurant they're going to eat at while away. They eat LATE at night, and it has to be reasonably priced and fresh and high in quality. Then they'll enjoy the resort. They're one of the few European populations who take the majority of their vacations in their own country. Those parents with kids will come if the adult experience is quality, parents pay the bill after all and they're on vacation, too.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X