This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satelite Photos of DRP/WDS/DL

I was looking at a Satelite view of the DRP and I looked around and thought "Oh this is before they built WDS" then I looked closer and saw a red tour tram going round, and realized, no that is with the second park. But it would all fit in one of Disneyland's themed lands, except there is empty areas all around.

Maybe the Disney Pixar merger and Lassiterization will be a big boost to both DCA and WDS, recognized worldwide as the two weakest links in the Disney park chain.

Re: Satelite Photos of DRP/WDS/DL

It's not just lack of creativity, it's also lack of money. It's bad enough that DLP had so much money sunk into it that a second gate is going to have to be EPCOT or DisneySea-sized in order to meet the standards of the first.

Really, DLP and DCA have seperate problems that are only opposite sides of the same coin. DCA had plenty of money (although a lot was spent moving power lines around, building garages and expanding the resort) but almost no creativity. Contrarily, WDS has plenty of creativity to work from with it's movie theme, but no money to get the job done.

The result? DCA is packed with "attractions" nobody goes to and WDS is filled with large empty spaces where they couldn't even afford to put their DCA-quality rides if they wanted to.

Comment

Well maybe DCA will ship some of them off to WDS when the placemaking project hits Paradise Pier.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
        It's not just lack of creativity, it's also lack of money. It's bad enough that DLP had so much money sunk into it that a second gate is going to have to be EPCOT or DisneySea-sized in order to meet the standards of the first.

Really, DLP and DCA have seperate problems that are only opposite sides of the same coin. DCA had plenty of money (although a lot was spent moving power lines around, building garages and expanding the resort) but almost no creativity. Contrarily, WDS has plenty of creativity to work from with it's movie theme, but no money to get the job done.

The result? DCA is packed with "attractions" nobody goes to and WDS is filled with large empty spaces where they couldn't even afford to put their DCA-quality rides if they wanted to.
        That is a nice sum-up.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania

Good points. Perhaps Disney should have either built an expanded resort in Disneyland with new hotels and Downtown Disney and held off DCA, or built a better theme park, and held off on the hotels and Downtown Disney. All the current problems with DCA and WDSP could have been avoided if only Disney didn't rush ahead with the theme parks with meager 600 million dollar budgets and lacking themes.

Overall, Disney Studios looks like fancy warehouses with asphalt that has a concrete film strip through it. Even the trash cans are plain and a 5 foot wall acts as a berm. California Adventure has some bits to show for, but areas like Paradise Pier and the Sunshine Plaza are just plain ugly. In some areas, such as the Pacific Wharf, you can easily see the hotels right outside the park. In Paradise Pier, you can see the Anaheim Convention center, powerlines, and backstage warehouses.
          Last edited by DisneyMickey; 01-30-2006, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
            Maybe the Disney Pixar merger and Lassiterization will be a big boost to both DCA and WDS, recognized worldwide as the two weakest links in the Disney park chain.
            And of course the weakest parks sit next to strongest Disneyland's.

Comment

Actually the second best Disneyland in the world (Paris) has the weakest park next door, and the very best (original) Disneyland has the second weakest park next door.

Comment

Where can I find the satelite photos?
                " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
                Light Magic 1997-1997

Comment

Originally posted by WaltsFavorite02
                  Where can I find the satelite photos?
                  Try Google Earth: http://earth.google.com/
                  ----
                  Cheers,
                  Zarniwoop

Comment

I also found thos nice pics taken from a small plane (not satellite pics ):

http://francefromtheair.free.fr/
                    (Select Disneyland Paris in the menu 'LIEU')

Enjoy!

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier
                        I also found thos nice pics taken from a small plane (not satellite pics ):

http://francefromtheair.free.fr/
                        (Select Disneyland Paris in the menu 'LIEU')

Enjoy!
                        Thanks
                        Saratoga Springs - Sep 14th 2010

Comment

HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Whats the address! I type Disneyland Paris and it says no search results! I checked the DLP website and i didnt find it! DLRP bopazot, can you tell me the address or how you found it, cause its so hard to find DLP on Google Earth!

Comment

ok, found it! took me a few hours looking all over paris, but i found it! now to bookmark it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X