This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Trip report 27/11/13

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever". - Walt Disney :ap:

Re: Trip report 27/11/13

To continue, I returned to Fantasyland to ride IASW Celebration. As I boarded the boat, I was apalled to see some british guests throwing litter at the boarding area. A cast member operating the boats asked them to stop this (in french ) to which they laughed, and he had to come quckly to pick up their garbage. Sincerely thats another problem with DLP: why are sooooo many europeans guests so dirty?! They litter, smoke where they want and throw thr butts to the floor, show no respect towards the park or thr decorations... I really thought European guests would show some sophistication but sincerely American guests have a sense of pristineness and respect which really shows in the cleanliness of the parks.

IASW was fine, but then again several dolls were broken. The worst part was the finale scene with seversl of the props including the ferris wheel and the carrousel completely stopped. I wonder why with the recent layout being installed these pieces were not made sure to work.

I got hungry and went to the mexican themed restaurant in Frontierland (forgot its name) and had a terrible experience. I paid 18 euros for 2 chicken fajitas and rice and a large chicken salad. Being lactose intolerant I specified to the woman at the counter not to put ant cheese or creamy dressings on my food. First , the fajitas were given to me as the chicken in a container and 2 tortillas on the side.... What? I had to assemble my own fajitas? Imagine going to McDonalds and getting the bun the burger and the lettuce and tomato separetely for you to assemble. Then, the salad was given to me without chicken, and when asking about it the manager told me the salad didnt have chicken. When I pointed out to the picture, she apologized and gave me a salad with chicken buuut also with a bunch of cheese. I told them I had let them know about my allergies and they said they would prepare another one. When it was ready, I realized the chicken they had put was the same pre- prepared chicken used for the fajitas, but cold! Couldnt they have even microwaved it?! Oh my God. With the exhorbitant prices DLPR should really make an effort on the food. I can see how many people can feel frustrated and ripped off with service like this.

I had ridden almost everything (Space Mountain was closed) so repeated BTMR a couple of times, as well as PM, then crossed to Discoveryland where I just explored the Nautilus walk through. And then I did the unthinkable..... Returned to WDS. ... It was abour 5 pm by this point and I wanted to see the highlyy recommended Cinemagique. Sincerely it was such a great show! I usually dont enjoy movie attractions that much but this one was fantstic. I really wish that they would get rid of DCA's Muppet Vision and bring this and Animagique to Hollywood Backlot instead of the out of theme Monstropolis they have in mind (they would just have to remake the filmas it features a cellphone as a recurring theme but it is evidently a 2001 model phone, but this is the only outdated part, and the show features superb special effects I had never seen in my life!).

I rode the RARC and the TOT maybe 5 five times each taking advantage of the non existing crowds. I witnessed something however that left me stunned. In the TOT library there were some asian guests and when passing by the Cast Member there, he began mockingly calling them "Mr. Nagasaki" (or something like that) and then making racist Nintendo sounds to their faces. I had never seen this, but then again Europe is not nearly as politically correct as America is.

The park closed at 6 and I headed back to Disneyland Park to watch Disney Dreams. I arrived just in time for the tree illumination ceremony which was heartwarming and technically impressive, featuring synched LED lights and snow falling! 45 minutes later Winter Disney Dreams began. It was a great show, just with a couple of borderline stock CGI here and there, but definetly a highlight of my day.

I was very sad to see the disappointing merchandise offered. Sincerely ALL STORES of DL, WDS and Disney Village offer the exact same products. Also, how sick is everyone of Buzz Lightyear, Jack Skellington and Lightning McQueen already?! Does Disney not have any other characters? This is the same problem which hit the US parks around the time everything merged into "Disney Parks". I remember my visit to the World of Disney store in New Yorks 5th avenue in 2006 when all the merchandise seemed to be park and attraction specific. I had 60 euros to spend in merchmdise, out of which I ended up spending 15 because of the unimaginative and lame merchandise.

Final thoughts:

-WDS is not as pretty as dLP, but it definetly looks newer and better upkept.

- All of Disneyland Park is in urgent need of paint and audio and technical effects refurbishment.

- DLRP should not try to save money by skimping on maintenance of the park. Instead try little things for example light the Main Street and the Arcade's gas lamps only in peak season, dont show Disnrey Dreams on Weekdays, if theres a brand new World of Disney store and a Disney Store 5 steps away selling THE SAME MERCHANDISE, why not close the older one?

I hope you've enjoyed my trip report!
    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever". - Walt Disney :ap:

Comment

Thank you for your trip report. I would love to go back to Disneyland Paris again (last time I was there was during the 10th anniversary celebration during my honeymoon) but seems like most trip reports I read online now a days highlight the dire need of better maintenance and lack of proper Disney standards from employees and visitors' behaviors. Makes me sad because I loved this lovely park when we visited. Everything was so beautifully detailed and the rides were so much nicer over their counterparts at Florida's Disney World.

This comment stood out for me "I rode the RARC and the TOT maybe 5 five times each taking advantage of the non existing crowds. I witnessed something however that left me stunned. In the TOT library there were some asian guests and when passing by the Cast Member there, he began mockingly calling them "Mr. Nagasaki" (or something like that) and then making racist Nintendo sounds to their faces. I had never seen this, but then again Europe is not nearly as politically correct as America is."

That is so sad and embarrasses me terribly. We visited Tokyo Disneyland shortly after the tsunami and were treated like royalty. All the employees we encountered were professional, efficient and very graceful/helpful, even with the language barrier. They alone were "e-ticket" excellent. Not once were we ridiculed or made fun of just because of being from America of for our deficiency with language and Japanese culture.

You also wrote: "
      Sincerely thats another problem with DLP: why are sooooo many europeans guests so dirty?! They litter, smoke where they want and throw thr butts to the floor, show no respect towards the park or thr decorations... I really thought European guests would show some sophistication but sincerely American guests have a sense of pristineness and respect which really shows in the cleanliness of the parks."

One of my biggest disappointments while visiting Paris was the unclean conditions of the city and the excessive amount of graffiti virtually everywhere. With that said and done, I am not surprised to read that Disneyland Paris suffers from the same lack of judgement and respect from their visitors. Very sad to learn of this as it makes me less enthusiastic about visiting there again.

Overall I did enjoy your trip report for being written from a fan's perspective and including commentary from all aspects of your whole day experiences. Thank you.

Comment

Actually, I apologize for some of the negativity. If DLRP is to be judged it is with eyes of deep compassion. I was too young to know about the early turbulent years, and everything done is an improvement in the face of economical adversity. As a Disney fan I just tend to note these things a lot more, and having visited other European parks such as Efteling or Phantasialand, I can see how even if Disney lowers some of the maintenance standards, the diference is still a 180 degree turn to the average European fairs and theme parks. Yesterday I visited Winter Wonderland in London and the place seems like a garage band playing against the London Phillharmonic in contrast to Disneyland Paris. Most rides are grimey and with lots of references to alcohol and sexual innuendos (on kids rides). Disney is still Disney and as I said I still had a magical stay at DLP, tearing up with the events such as the Christmas Parade, character meetings and the finale of Disney Winter Dreams.

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X