• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fultimate
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2012

[Rumor] WDS Placemaking (2015)

This is a very serious rumor. The Walt Disney Studios Park will finally have a placemaking like DCA. This placemaking is rumored to include Toy Story Mania (whose construction is very seriously rumored to begin in just a few months!).
  • Witches of Morva
    Minion
    • Jan 2005

Re: WDS Placemaking (2015)

ORDDU: If memory serves, Jay Rasulo once commented that every Disney resort around the world would eventually have a Toy Story Mania attraction. So this is a rumor I'm inclined to take seriously.

Comment

• swampymarsh
      Under that tree again!
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
      ORDDU: If memory serves, Jay Rasulo once commented that every Disney resort around the world would eventually have a Toy Story Mania attraction. So this is a rumor I'm inclined to take seriously.
      I do remember hearing about such a remark. Why would you make a Toy Story Land without it? To be cheap.
      Be Cool Stay in School!
      Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• soundtracker
        Rock The World
        • Feb 2005

Could well happen. Space has been reserved for it since Toy Story Land was built. They've just been waiting for the money.
        Last edited by soundtracker; 06-16-2014, 04:36 AM.
        Originally posted by fizzog
        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

• Fultimate
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2012

The parisian version of Toy Story Mania is rumored to have an increased capacity compared to the other versions due to the fact that it is supposed to have three routes instead of two.

Comment

• Baloo
            • Jun 2005

Where exactly would it be located? not very familiar with the studios property.
            hopefully the entrance would be accessed from toy story land

Comment

• soundtracker
              Rock The World
              • Feb 2005

Yes, the entrance would be where the wall of dominoes currently stands, between the parachute drop and RC Racer. The new attraction would require the Tram Tour route to be moved yet again. (The third time in its short history).

Comment

• Imagineer45
                MiceChatter
                • May 2014

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                Yes, the entrance would be where the wall of dominoes currently stands, between the parachute drop and RC Racer. The new attraction would require the Tram Tour route to be moved yet again. (The third time in its short history).
                The tram tour essentially blocks off most of the park's expansion room. Disney owns land about the same size of the park located behind the tram tour. If the tram were to be taken out or put above ground or moved completely, the park could potentially double in size.

Comment

• Fultimate
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                  Incorrect. They're going to build a hub right there. Toy Story Mania will be located alongside Ratatouille.

Comment

• soundtracker
                    Rock The World
                    • Feb 2005

We seem to be working from different information, so you could well be right. As long as the ride gets built, I don’t much care where it goes!

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jul 2008

OK, it may be yet another clone, but I don't care. If it serves as boost to the park and enables it to move forward with other ancillary projects (such as further themeing) I'm all for it.

I presume that we're looking at Summer '16 at the earliest though?
                      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                      Walt Disney

Comment

• BrianLo
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
                        The parisian version of Toy Story Mania is rumored to have an increased capacity compared to the other versions due to the fact that it is supposed to have three routes instead of two.
                        Funny, because it's likely the only park that doesn't need the increased ridership capacity. TDS and Hollywood Studios have too many guests for the double track only, DCA seems to manage ok.

Comment

• Imagineer45
                          MiceChatter
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by BrianLo View Post
                          Funny, because it's likely the only park that doesn't need the increased ridership capacity. TDS and Hollywood Studios have too many guests for the double track only, DCA seems to manage ok.
                          I agree, and think that the ride would be fine at WDS with one station, not even two! Unless, of course, WDS did a massive renovation and boosted attendance by a lot.

Comment

• Baloo
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
                            I agree, and think that the ride would be fine at WDS with one station, not even two! Unless, of course, WDS did a massive renovation and boosted attendance by a lot.
                            At this point it makes since to build attractions that would handle high capacity rates to avoid the need for future investment to correct mistakes. They already did that once with that park when it was first built.

Also let's look at some of the additions after the initial construction, Crush coaster was a great addition but it suffers from low capacity. Toy story land is also a nicely themed area that the park was in need of for families but the lack of toy story mania and only three minor low capacity attractions it really did not help the parks future growth.

Toy story mania needs to be built with the need for improved capacity to help the overflow of guests within a park that has low ride count and low capacity attractions. With the other rumors flying around that another attraction will close soon to make way for a Marvel land they will need the added capacity.

Even DCA with it's higher attraction counts see huge lines for its Toy story Midway Mania attraction which luckily slowed down a bit only because of the extremely popular Carsland

Comment

• Fultimate
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2012

Animagique is rumored to close in 2015.

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                                MiceChatter
                                • Jul 2008

On the one hand I'm surprised and a little disappointed, but on the other I guess it shouldn't be a complete shocker. It'd be a pity to loose it though, its a WDS original and is a pretty decent show.

I wonder what they would replace it with? Mickey's Magical Map from Disneyland?
                                sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                                Walt Disney

Comment

• soundtracker
                                  Rock The World
                                  • Feb 2005

Animagique has always been a good idea in search of a proper budget - the execution never quite matched the concept. Plus, that concept overlaps quite a lot with Disney Dreams in the neighbouring park, so I wouldn't be surprised if its days are numbered. I suspect whatever replaces it will have a Pixar theme, as the whole area gradually evolves into the park's dedicated Pixar zone.

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jul 2008

I suppose there's a good chance that it'll be another stage show. After all, they can't fit much in the existing building and knocking down Studio 3 would make for an uneven look.

If it does become something Pixar, you'd hope it's something other than Toy Story. I think there's enough of that in the park now - especially if Mania does get added.

Let's hope its not Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor...
                                    sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

• soundtracker
                                      Rock The World
                                      • Feb 2005

You're not a fan of the MILF?

I wouldn't mind the Finding Nemo musical from Animal Kingdom, personally. And it'd tie into Crush's Coaster next door.

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jul 2008

Although there's no connection between these rumours, I read with interested Al Lutz's lastest column that there's a possibility of a Marvel mini-land in DCA.

It got me wondering, could this also be added to WDS - even if it was just temporary? You know how they like to save costs and have things sometimes developed for more than one park.
                                        sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X