X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StrongStyle
    FuseMP
    • May 2006

Trip Report Ratatouille. Report from someone who has actually ridden it several times

Here is my report on the Ratatouille attraction and the area including the restaurant. This truly is a great attraction and a fine addition to any Disney park.

Dedicated to DLP – Celebrating Disneyland Paris. Disneyland Paris Fan Preview Event - Ratatouille
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP
  • ni_teach
    Just this guy......
    • Jan 2005

Re: Ratatouille. Report from someone who has actually ridden it several times

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Here is my report on the Ratatouille attraction and the area including the restaurant. This truly is a great attraction and a fine addition to any Disney park.
    Thanks for the great review and write up.
    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

• soundtracker
      Rock The World
      • Feb 2005

Thanks for the link, Mark. Nice to hear from someone who's actually ridden this thing! It's been taking an awful lot of flack, mostly from non-riders. Looking forward to trying it myself one day!
      Originally posted by fizzog
      Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
        MiceChatter
        • Jul 2008

I'm only making judgements based on the video but I can see its a decent enough attraction and a fantastic addition to WDS - who, lets face it, still needs a lot of help.

There is only so much you can experience of an attraction in a POV video. Even the mighty Pirates or Mansion don't look their greatest on video and you certainly don't get the true feel of the atmosphere.

And I should say, excellent review Mark. The part about the name was interesting. Personally I think I'll call it 'L'Adventure' for short. It just seems right.
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

• ssaamm
          Banned User
          • Jun 2010

I have also ridden it and while I don't love it, I think it helps to fill a void that the park has. I'm not keen on the reliance on screens, but it's a decent ride for that park and a small step in the right direction.

Comment

• Imagineer45
            MiceChatter
            • May 2014

Thanks for the report! Although I love the ride from what I hear of it (I have seen spoilers), I am once again amazed how Disney responds with a need to boost attendance by adding a dark ride. No tourist goes to a park for a new dark ride. Tourists go to a park if there is a new thrill ride or new land.

Comment

• StrongStyle
              FuseMP
              • May 2006

I'm sorry, Disney shouldn't be about thrill rides, it was never the intention of the parks. A few of them in there, great, but not the focus
              www.facebook.com/FuseMP
              www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                MiceChatter
                • Jul 2008

^Agreed. WDS has plenty of thrills anyway, but what it lacked originally was rides. It was too theatre show heavy, so they have redressed the balance and L'Adventure fits nicely in between being a dark ride and being a little-bit-of-a-thrill ride.

EDIT: Just discovered your podcast - duly subscribed.
                sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

Comment

• StrongStyle
                  FuseMP
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                  ^Agreed. WDS has plenty of thrills anyway, but what it lacked originally was rides. It was too theatre show heavy, so they have redressed the balance and L'Adventure fits nicely in between being a dark ride and being a little-bit-of-a-thrill ride.

EDIT: Just discovered your podcast - duly subscribed.
                  Thanks for subscribing. And I agree completely, WDS was too many shows at the start, but actually then it has just gone heavy thrill, and my son (10) wont ride Crush, ToT, RC Racer, Rock N Roller Coaster, so for him, there are still only the shows and a few other rides like Cars Race Rally and Slinky Dog. This attraction fills the middle gap very well and WDS now needs great family attractions to make it an all day park, it's got enough thrill rides that, yes, draw but also alienate
                  www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                  www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

• Erik Olson
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2012

Brilliant review and completely agree on the idea that this incredibly-executed adventure is in perfect keeping with the highest goals set forth by Imagineering.

The screens and cleverly integrated projection surfaces separate this attraction from the plywood cutout dark-rides. This is as immersive as you can get without running through Remy's world on your own two - erm, four!? - feet.
                    ~ Erik

Comment

• Hathaway Browne
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jul 2008

^The mention of cardboard cut outs reminds me of when the Monsters Inc. attraction opened in DCA. There was a lot of disappointment then (mostly based off the videos) and that seems to have been forgotten for now.

No doubt the naysayers for L'adventure will forget their initial complaints/'disappointment' in the future.
                      sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

• jcruise86
                        former CM

• Jul 2006

THANK YOU for that excellent review and report!

Comment

• futureskipper
                          New MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2014

Thank you for this terrific review! The ride looks great. Wish I could ride it!

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                            Minion
                            • Jan 2005

ORDDU: Yes, lots of people actually DO go to a Disney theme park for a new dark ride! To claim otherwise is to be out of touch with a broad spectrum of guest tastes. Not everybody is interested in the latest thrill ride that is added. Either for health reasons or personal taste, many people prefer the dark rides over the thrill rides.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X