Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

DLP statues in 'zone de service'

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DLP statues in 'zone de service'

Hi folks,

about two weeks ago we were on a 2 day visit to DLP. It was our 4th time (first time being in 1992 shortly after the opening of 'Euro-Disney') and we enjoyed it a lot. The spirit of the parks catches me every time.

I always love to use satellite maps (google, bing, here, apple, etc) to search for familiar or interesting spots especially in DLP.

During a recent stroll I discovered a statue in a 'zone de service' of DLP (to the south-west of the park boundaries) which seems to be a wizard Mickey - at least I think it must be Mickey according to the shadow it draws (http://binged.it/1Bd2tcb). I searched for further statues and there seem to be 5 more in the same service area and one located at the noth-eastern service area behind Star tours.

I've attached a KML file (remove the .txt extension, the forum system does not accecpt KML files) with the statue locations. Best satellite images (in my opinion) you will find in Apple Maps. Other good choices besides Google are Bing or Here. It's worth checking all of them since they are all providing different images.

Can any anyone confirm these statues or has photos them?

Regards,
    Harald
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Coyaba; 09-04-2014, 01:59 AM. Reason: Link added

Re: DLP statues in 'zone de service'

Hi !
    It's simply old statues from old park celebrations ! Or just removed statues from the parks/village.

Like the 5th anniversary Gargouilles Statues :

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	7356901Click image for larger version

Name:	1403215199-1070.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	7356902Click image for larger version

Name:	petit_36373.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	7356903

Comment

Ahh, that explains the opening in the base of two of the statues. They are clearly visible in the 3D view of Apple maps but since I did not know the gargouilles statues I supposed it might be an artifact.

First one to the north-east (Bing Maps; 48.8753922520969,2.78078106249223):

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	7356906
      Second one to the south-west (Bing Maps; 48.86636304868367,2.770183350587514):

Name:	IMG_1576.jpg
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	7356907

Thank you Engineer for the great pics!

Comment

Just learned from Disneyland Resort Paris Backstage Tour | Designing and Imagineering that there is Google Street View at Pluto Gate to the north-east of the park:

Name:	IMG_1584.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	7357020

Comment

Originally posted by Coyaba View Post

During a recent stroll I discovered a statue in a 'zone de service' of DLP (to the south-west of the park boundaries) which seems to be a wizard Mickey - at least I think it must be Mickey according to the shadow it draws (Bing Maps - Driving Directions, Traffic and Road Conditions).
          You're right - there's a large Sorcerer Mickey statue backstage which was originally used for the resort's Millennium celebrations in 1999. I've tried to find some photos online for you, without success, but it's quite an impressive figure - it's tall (about 15 feet, I think) and it's covered in a mosaic of reflective tiles, like a giant disco mirror ball. If I remember correctly, Mickey shot a laser out of his finger as well!
          Originally posted by fizzog
          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Gotcha - found it! (on )

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	7357065 Thank you for the hint

Comment