This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney Studios - 2010 E-Ticket!

2010 - E-Ticket Attraction - Rumor - (4/13/06) Plans to add a Journey into the Center of the Earth attraction are apparently in the works for 2010. These plans will replace a former plan to add a copy of Soarin’ to the park in 2009 due to the impact of Everest on Animal Kingdom. If the latest rumors are true, the park may already be looking forward to their next major E-Ticket attraction. It seems that the high attendance impact caused by Expedition Everest on Animal Kingdom’s traditionally slow draw is being thought of as exactly the right kind of spark to help develop the Studios’ lagging attendance trends. However it is not a copy of Everest that is being talked about it seems, but rather another mountain sized project from the far east... Journey to the Center of the Earth. This is ironic since we’ve heard several rumors over the past couple of years about adding a version of this to the Studios park in Florida as well. Lets wait and see what happens

screamscape
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-14-2006, 06:18 PM.

Re: Walt Disney Studios - 2010 E-Ticket!

I think they mean Studios Paris and not Studios Orlando. Especially with the bit about Soarin'.

It would also make sense because Discoveryland is all Verne'd up, too.

Comment

Actually, reading the last sentence does seem to hint that it is DEFINITELY referring to the Paris park. I really don't see MGM as having the sort of attendance problems that the entire thing seems to talk about.

Comment

EDIT: Whoops, hit quote instead of edit. Oh well.

What poor, shoddy writing. They talk about DAK attendance trends and Everest while talking about "the Studios." You'd think they're talking about this coming to WDW but all it says is "management realizes that Eticket = attendance spike," which I thought everyone in the offices knew by now. And then at the end they say "we've heard this for Orlando before, too." I can see why the OP was confused.

Comment

This is indeed a Paris rumor. I'll move it to the correct forum.

Welcome to the boards DisneyLuvR. You are free to discuss whatever you wish on these boards. But we do ask that you kindly not link directly to other Disney fan and rumor sites. Thanks all,

-Dusty
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I think an indy clone would be better for WDS. I have heard alot of mixed reviews for "Journey". Plus indy would have the movie tie in to the studio park.

Comment

Sorry guys, but this is terrible. WTF does this have to do with a movie studio!? Jeez. Why can't they do something original!? Everest was original!
              BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
              October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
              April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
              October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
              December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
              July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
              July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
              July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
              February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
              February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
              TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Journey to the Center of the Earth is one of the best e-ticket attractions Disney has made that isnt a stupid cartoon tie-in. It would be a shame if they didnt bring a version over to America and Paris.

Comment

YES! Journey to the center of the Earth is a great E-ticket ride! Better then Soarin'. But I have to agree with Speedway. How is it ever going to fit the Movie theme of WDS? Please bring it to Paris, but not to the Studios. Discoveryland in Disneyland Park seems more appropriate. But two huge rollercoaster-mountains (SM:II) next to each other? It would fit in Adventureland as well.....
                  - Milo

Comment

Originally posted by milo_vhw
                    YES! Journey to the center of the Earth is a great E-ticket ride! Better then Soarin'. But I have to agree with Speedway. How is it ever going to fit the Movie theme of WDS? Please bring it to Paris, but not to the Studios. Discoveryland in Disneyland Park seems more appropriate. But two huge rollercoaster-mountains (SM:II) next to each other? It would fit in Adventureland as well.....
                    But Disney could make Journey to the Centre of the Eart and then Lasseter would be happy because it'd be all synchronized.

Comment

:sleep: I'm not buying too much into this rumor. First of all, how does it fit? But we've covered that.
                      Other problems:
                      1) Size. It's too large for the WDS park. It'd just stick out very badly, size wise, forget theme.
                      2) Cost. A Test Track-like ride in a mountain is so much of a huge cost, spending more money that EuroDisney still really doesn't have.
                      3) Ride System. On top of that this is a system that has had a troubled history. Imagine EuroDisney spending all their last pennies on something that becomes a bad PR blitz when it doesn't work perfectly.

I'd believe Soarin before I believe this. A wider range of potential riders, less cost, and is a 2 for 2 winner thus far.

Comment

For what it's worth, I've just been chatting with a freind of mine at DLRP Imagineering, and he hasn't heard anything about this...
                        Originally posted by fizzog
                        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

I agree with the consensus that this rumor is unlikely given all the theming and lack of movie tie-in issues. Certainly this park needs a boost, but last I heard they were counting on their version of ToT to cover attendance/PR problems for the short term. Beyond that, this is still the ugliest park Disney has ever been affiliated with. I'd be happier to hear of that issue being dealt than with news of a new "e-Ticket." As disappointing as DCA was (and to an extent, still is), at least the buildings had a sense of design and place, albeit redundant in that "visit California while you're visiting California" way....

Comment

Maybe it's an april fools left-over

Comment

Originally posted by milo_vhw
                              JTTCOTE is not a roller coaster, it's more like Test Track in EPCOT. and yes, it kind of belongs to Discoveryland rather than the Studios. and two huge e-tickets beside each other is nothing new, just look at Florida's Tower of Terror and Rock N' Roller Coaster.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X