Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Paris : Bastille Day Fireworks Pictures 07/14 !

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Paris : Bastille Day Fireworks Pictures 07/14 !

HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Disneyland Paris : Bastille Day Fireworks Pictures 07/14 !

Yay...I love fireworks!!! Cool Pics...Thanks for sharing Mon Ami!!!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Sorry, kind of off topic, but What's Bastille Day? Is it an independence day or revolution.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakesaregood
        Sorry, kind of off topic, but What's Bastille Day? Is it an independence day or revolution.
        Bastille Day is the French national holiday. I believe it marks the storming of the Bastille Prison in Paris by the common people during the French Revolution.
        It's their equivalent to the 4th of July in USA (Independence Day) or 26th January in Australia (Australia Day).

In regards to the fireworks, I was reading on dlrp.fr that the evening was somewhat of a catastrophe, with one of the Fantillusion floats not working properly, the fireworks not working when they were meant to and then going off without music(?) and SNCF only providing a 4 car RER train at the end of the evening, one of the busiest on DLRP's calendar?
        Anyone know any more details?
        Upcoming Trips:
        Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

I was there, and yes they had many troubles with the fantilussion parade, and the fireworks only the big shells worked, all the small fireworks from behind and next to the castle was not working, that's why there were long periods of music without any fireworks

it was a real disaster

Comment

God....I love that castle!

Comment

Originally posted by V1213
              (...) and SNCF only providing a 4 car RER train at the end of the evening, one of the busiest on DLRP's calendar?
              Anyone know any more details?
              The transport part was fun. Do you remember the scene from Titanic where the ship is sinking and they haven't nearly enough lifeboats?

The Italians were just sort of throwing their kids into whatever buses came along, the Germans tried to queue but were crushed under the hooves of the stampede, the French cut in front of them, parents used their strollers as bulldozers all and the English made ironic remarks about it all. It was all in all a touching display of humanity.

Comment

Did the army come surrender (old joke)?

Seriously though thanks for the photos.

It was all in all a touching display of humanity.
                ) Lol.

Comment

cool pictures

-Nikki

Comment

Here is the video from the Bastille day fireworks show which was marred by many techincal difficulties that brought many moments of interruption in launching shells. Pretty much a fiasco for Disneyland Paris.

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=715

Comment

I don't know if I would call it a disaster.

The large shells definately made up for the smaller ones.

Comment

More than half of the shells didn't shoot up. Reason why you have moments of nothing but music. To me, that is a disaster, concidering the simplicity of the show (no required sync of music or pyro) and this being one of the very few times we see high altitude pyro over DLP.

Comment

...Mmm...I'd have to agree if half the shells didn't launch that is a major issue.

...especially since they got all new launchers recently.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X