Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

# Of Animatronics?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • # Of Animatronics?

    About how many Audio-Animatronics are in Disneyland Paris alone?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

  • #2
    Re: # Of Animatronics?

    Well, there's gotta be at least 999 in Phantom Manor alone....
    -Tim

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: # Of Animatronics?

      Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
      Well, there's gotta be at least 999 in Phantom Manor alone....
      No, no. Those ghosts are real.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: # Of Animatronics?

        Well look at what has AAs and you could start making guesses.

        WDS:
        No AAs. Easy.

        DLP: (add to this list)
        Phantom Manor
        BTM
        Explorer's Restaurant
        PoTC
        IASW
        Buzz
        Space
        Star Tours

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: # Of Animatronics?

          the squid!

          there isnt any in space mountain, dont think explorers have had any for a few years (if they are, they are disconnected)

          do the darkrides count? (though most are minimal movement)
          pan, snow white, the qeen at the window etc
          We Play Rock and Roll

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: # Of Animatronics?

            I'd say the dark rides more than count, seeing how Pirates, PM, small world and all of the above are dark rides.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: # Of Animatronics?

              I don't know DLP's darkrides well enough, but if the same limited movement is in them that is in the American parks than those are usually countd as dynamic manequins...not AAs. It's not the dark ride that counts...it's what is in it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: # Of Animatronics?

                I consider an animatronic to have more than just one or two potential motions. Though the term techincally refers to a type of robotics unseen in Disney parks the word Animatronic has become more widely used.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: # Of Animatronics?

                  6 Rex on Star Tours
                  GT9T and G24T
                  2 droids above the first part of the queue and C3PO
                  Rox'n at the exit of Star Tours
                  Buzz
                  The Dragon

                  14 right now


                  do you guys count the dolls on it's a small world ?

                  I have to ride Pirates and count them all and Phantom Manor too .
                  HKDL : Done !!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: # Of Animatronics?

                    G29T sorr not GT9T
                    HKDL : Done !!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: # Of Animatronics?

                      11 on Star Tours.

                      92 on Phantom Manor.

                      280 dolls on Small World (Not sure if they are all AA's).

                      Dragon in the Castle

                      124 in Pirates.

                      Unsure about Fantasyland dark rides, Big Thunder Mountain, Mark Twain show scenes, Buzz Lightyear and Grand Canyon scene in DLP Railroad.

                      408 so far by my count.
                      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                      __________________________________________________________

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: # Of Animatronics?

                        Originally posted by tito
                        Though the term techincally refers to a type of robotics unseen in Disney parks the word Animatronic has become more widely used.
                        In the United States at least, Disney owns the word Audio-Animatronic.

                        It's amazing how many of these things are in Disneyland Paris, especially since so many are from opening day attractions. It really is a shame that the newer parks really lack in this department.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: # Of Animatronics?

                          The real question is- how many A-100(top of the line, capable of extremely advanced movement) animatronics are there?
                          I'm thinking dueling pirates, the auctioneer, phantom at the end of phantom manor, I think the timekeeper was one...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: # Of Animatronics?

                            Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                            11 on Star Tours.

                            92 on Phantom Manor.

                            280 dolls on Small World (Not sure if they are all AA's).

                            Dragon in the Castle

                            124 in Pirates.

                            Unsure about Fantasyland dark rides, Big Thunder Mountain, Mark Twain show scenes, Buzz Lightyear and Grand Canyon scene in DLP Railroad.

                            408 so far by my count.
                            2 or 3 on thunder mountain (goat and donkeys)

                            and THE SQUID!!!!
                            We Play Rock and Roll

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: # Of Animatronics?

                              Originally posted by DeadlyAvenger
                              The real question is- how many A-100(top of the line, capable of extremely advanced movement) animatronics are there?
                              I'm thinking dueling pirates, the auctioneer, phantom at the end of phantom manor, I think the timekeeper was one...
                              I've been very unlucky when it comes to the dueling pirates - only ever seen them twice! rest of the time there was just a curtain hanging over their area. They were/are pretty impressive tho.

                              One AA WDS should have is a dragon in the "Reign Of Fire" London set on the tram tour...


                              "I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                              Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X