• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malin
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Concept art for Toon Studios

Ok Screamscape has just posted a pic of some concept art for the new Toon Studios.http://www.screamscape.com/html/wds_...studios_0.html

So it looks like we will be getting a Finding Nemo Dark Ride and maybe a direct clone attraction from Flik's Fair at DCA.To join the Flying Carpets and Mickey's trailer.

Your Thoughts
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• euro disney stefan
    • Jan 2005

I'm new here and I'm from Paris

I need to say that I was not very impressed by the concept art for the Parisian "Toon Studios" Lot. There was a kind of cast member presentation and they showed several concept arts and I need to say that nothing is 100% sure for the moment. The exact budget is not sure - only place and type of attractions are confirmed - "Nemo" is abou 90% sure - the second "bumping cars" ride should be pretty sure as well (not sure if it will be based on "bug's life" or "cars") and there can be a 3rd carnival style ride too. (depends on the money)

1) The "Finding Nemo" ride sound fun - it's an interesting use of an indoor "crazy mouse roller coaster" used in DCA for "Mullholland Madness". The ride would be inside with projections and props and sould be based on crush going into the water stream.

2) There could be a direct clone of the "Tuck and Roll's Drive 'em Buggies" from bug's land, but an Imagineer explained that there already new plans to use a "cars" overlay. The "cars" overlay would be much easier to find the perfect name that every European visitor catches.

3) There were also concept arts about a possible "Mr. Incredible" carnival ride (Mr. Incredible fighting against the learning robot - I do not know how you call this kind of carnival ride, but you are seated in ride vehicles which go up and down and turn around and the structure itself turns as well - I guess nobody understands what I mean!!!!! sorry).

So what do you think about this crazy mixture of components which won't give a nice and coherent look for the "Toon Studios" lot?

Comment

• Malin
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

I must admit I was expecting more involment from Mickey and the gang.

I guess the Finding Nemo Dark Ride/coaster would be kind of cool though.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

• Tatton
        England, UK.
        • Jan 2005

DLPR Development

I actually feel the ToonTown concept looks very miniscule, empty and poor... it'll definitely fit into the Studios well.

Disney seem to plan small additions with huge, over-stated budgets, and I dont understand them. This park needs high quality, superb attractions. Disneyland Park is such an astonishing and superb attraction, and the Studios could have been too....

I feel this will disappoint many!

Comment

• mouseketeer_2
          Always dreaming
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatton
          I actually feel the ToonTown concept looks very miniscule, empty and poor... it'll definitely fit into the Studios well.

Disney seem to plan small additions with huge, over-stated budgets, and I dont understand them. This park needs high quality, superb attractions. Disneyland Park is such an astonishing and superb attraction, and the Studios could have been too....

I feel this will disappoint many!
          Completely agreed! Yet they did do a very fairly decent job with their miserable budget.

Comment

• Evil Minion
            wasting time
            • Jan 2005

Much like everyone else here, I'm not impressed with what I see.

This small new play area along with the Tower Of Terror is not much to get excited about. Obviously the financial situation of Euro Disney is to blame. It's too bad cause I truly believe that this will not be enough to wow the locals or draw in tourist. What the studio park alone needs to do a real

Comment

• Ian P
              • Jan 2005

If this is the extent of the plans, it is not going to breath much life into the Studios.

Budgets are the problem, as always.

Ian
              "I'm surrounded by idiots"

Comment

• PATMAGIC
                DLRP Mental
                • Jan 2005

I do hope this is fake, since no Concept art from Disney would be that rubbish, the detail would be there much more, plus why would disney imagineering use a screen shot from Finding Nemo in Concept Art?
                Sadly it looks like the good old concept art from Disney has gone out the window, and lets just wait.
                Last edited by PATMAGIC; 01-20-2005, 08:34 AM.

http://www.patmagc.net
                http://www.wdsfans.com

Comment

• riding_big_thunder
                  Riding Big Thunder
                  • Jan 2005

Looks dissapointing, not what I was expecting at all! Well, I suppose it is better than nothing.
                  Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

:monkey:

Comment

• arsonwinter
                    A Mighty Eye
                    • Jan 2005

Yeah, but it's better than nothing. And hey, this adds a good foundation to add more cartoony shows and attractions to.
                    http://photos.tideblue.com/
                    http://www.tideblue.com/arsonwinter/

Comment

• poupouille
                      mmh... doesn't work...
                      • Feb 2005

Have you seen this? It's apparently from the Walt Disney Investor Conference on Tuesday, first of February. They did discuss the future of all the parks and showed soem artwork of the new Toon Studios for WDS:

Comment

• Evil Minion
                        wasting time
                        • Jan 2005

Interesting.

It looks like the 'nemo' attraction could be a water coaster. I don't think adding an attraction like the bumber cars show in that drawing is a good idea. The autopia in Discoveryland is rarely open outside peak seasons.

Comment

• soundtracker
                          Rock The World
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by fizzog
                          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Evil Minion
                            Interesting.

It looks like the 'nemo' attraction could be a water coaster. I don't think adding an attraction like the bumber cars show in that drawing is a good idea. The autopia in Discoveryland is rarely open outside peak seasons.
                            You're thinking the Nemo would be like Atlantis at SeaWorld...
                            Sorry but it's just the Mulholland Madness ride from Disney's California Adventure in a building with effects -- as Space Mountain is... only travelling through a dry ocean like the underwater scenes of Small World or Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo DisneySea.

Like the Alice in Wonderland dark ride we have ici in California, it comes outside the show building briefly before going back in...

Check out Disney's website for pics and descriptions of these other attractions if you're not familiar with the other parks around the world...

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

PS the new concept art makes it look a lot better agreed?

Comment

• soundtracker
                                Rock The World
                                • Feb 2005

I couldn't agree more, CaliAd. Finally, a piece of concept art work with a touch of inspiration! Did you notice all the subtle additions to the existing Animation Courtyard? Quite apart formt he giant brush and easel, there are more flower beds andd spaces of lawn. Most of these were included int he very first pieces of concept art work for the park, back in 2000, but they never made it off the drawing board due to budgetary restrictions. Could they at last be about to see the light of day? Or could the whole Toon Studios extension follow the same route as the rest of the park and end up looking flat and drab?
                                Originally posted by fizzog
                                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jan 2005

on vera bien as they say.

Comment

• Jspider
                                    • Jan 2005

I'm still very dissapointed in this addition

very little actualy Toon themeing (toons as in Toons from Toontown the roger rabbit theme? the pixar characters arn't technicaly "toon's")

the conecept art looks nice but I get the feeling that it'll be themed alot like how Alladin's Magic Carpets is themed over there, not too sure about the darkride though
                                    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

• Cousin Orville
                                      Boss Angeles, CA
                                      • Jan 2005

Adding anything at this point is a bonus. This is bankruptsy a go go here. I think investment being pumped into the place is a great step forward and a vote of confidence in the park. as much as i want to have doubts, I'm remaining positive and bullish. The competing offerings in Europe are really weak, so the Studio may be better received than we think. Let's hope the shows are as good as the art.
                                      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

• stitch'sgreatescape101
                                        • Mar 2024

you should all know that this is not toontown it is toon studios i guess disneyland paris will have to wait until a rumor comes for toontown.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X