Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Paris Map

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disneyland Paris Map

    Does anyone know if there is an official "big" souvenir map of Disneyland Paris? Not the small one found in the handout you get at the front gate.

    Thanks.

  • #2
    There used to be a large-scale DLP Map available, but it hasn't been available for many years (including during the 10th Anniversary). Ebay is about your only hope of getting a DLP map for now.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes there is or at least, there was. I have two of them (and I'm not selling ) but even back in 1999, they were hard to find. I found them in the Kodak Camera store on Main Street and in the gift shop in the Newport Bay Club hotel. I can't believe they aren't available now. Why would they not still offer them?

      Comment


      • #4
        They seem to be offering less and less variation in the merchandise, as if eventually all stores will exist to sell a single plush Mickey (the best-seller). DLP's merchandise department is very Darwinian.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pussnboots
          They seem to be offering less and less variation in the merchandise, as if eventually all stores will exist to sell a single plush Mickey (the best-seller). DLP's merchandise department is very Darwinian.
          This is what happened to merchandise at Disneyland in California during the Pressler/Harris era.

          Comment


          • #6
            The first time I was DLRP I got some of the coolest merchandise including some wonderful hidden Mickey scarves that I wear pretty regularly. The second time we visited there wasn't nearly as much unique merchandise. I was very disappointed, but my wallet wasn't.

            Comment


            • #7
              Ebay it is then. Thanks for the info.....

              Comment


              • #8
                Dang, maybe I should put one up on ebay....

                Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...


                Comment


                • #9
                  You should! You've got some great DLP maps in your posession! (And, now, so do I!)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    in the future the REAL Merchandise will be back . Today we have some merchandising about Space Mountain Mission 2 like ( T Shirts , Hats , Sweatshirts ..etc) because it's the brand new attraction opened in the park .

                    Since a few month ago we have some Phantom Manor merchandise like a T Shirt and a Mug ( thanks DLRP to understand that you have people ready to buy those stuff ) . So may be a hope to see this wonderful merchandising back to the shop to make money .
                    HKDL : Done !!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you do get a wallmap get the original 1992 Euro Disneyland wall map.

                      The 'Disneyland Paris' maps from 1995 were a total rip off cause they were not updated. The only differences between the 1992 & 1995 maps are:
                      • "attraction future" is now reads "Space Mountain"
                      • "attraction future" now reads "Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Peril"
                      • Tuxedo Mickey is now Sorcorer Mickey
                      • Euro Disneyland now reads Disneyland Paris

                      They were so lazy they did not change the artwork for Space Mountain so it still looks like Discovery Mountain. Also, the Nautilus, Casey JR & Le Pays De Contes Fees (Storybookland) are not on the map. Also, they re-edited the dedication speech to read "Disneyland Paris" instead of "Euro Disneyland". This was a VERY lazy attempt. I say buy an original map instead, if possible.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Evil Minion
                        If you do get a wallmap get the original 1992 Euro Disneyland wall map.

                        The 'Disneyland Paris' maps from 1995 were a total rip off cause they were not updated. The only differences between the 1992 & 1995 maps are:
                        • "attraction future" is now reads "Space Mountain"
                        • "attraction future" now reads "Indiana Jones & The Temple Of Peril"
                        • Tuxedo Mickey is now Sorcorer Mickey
                        • Euro Disneyland now reads Disneyland Paris

                        They were so lazy they did not change the artwork for Space Mountain so it still looks like Discovery Mountain. Also, the Nautilus, Casey JR & Le Pays De Contes Fees (Storybookland) are not on the map. Also, they re-edited the dedication speech to read "Disneyland Paris" instead of "Euro Disneyland". This was a VERY lazy attempt. I say buy an original map instead, if possible.
                        Nautilus, Casey Jr and Le Pays De Contes Fees are on my maps (1999).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Did they update the artwork or did they still use the Discovery Mountain drawing for Space Mountain ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Anybody have any pictures of these maps?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Morrigoon
                              Dang, maybe I should put one up on ebay....

                              Yes, yes you should! Or just email me. I have plenty of old maps from many parks. Maybe a trade???

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Evil Minion
                                Did they update the artwork or did they still use the Discovery Mountain drawing for Space Mountain ?
                                I honestly can't remember if they used the same artwork for Discovery Mountain or updated for Space Mountain, because it's been awhile since I last pulled it out to look at it, you see, I live in NYC but it's in storage back in California. I want to say they used the Discovery Mountain art work, but I'm really not sure. I do know however, that the map was complete with all atrractions on it that were present when I bought the maps in April of '99. Next time I go back to California I'll take the open one out and have a look.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                                  Anybody have any pictures of these maps?
                                  I have some I'll upload shortly.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I found one pic I already have on my hard drive.

                                    This is the mountain in Discoveryland:

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Oswald
                                      Yes, yes you should! Or just email me. I have plenty of old maps from many parks. Maybe a trade???
                                      Oswald, have a look at this thread here.

                                      What do you have? I'm looking to buy however, and not trade. My DLP maps are too precious to me, because I'm so in love with DLP.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Evil Minion
                                        I found one pic I already have on my hard drive.

                                        This is the mountain in Discoveryland:

                                        You know Evil Minion, I just can't remember because although that looks familiar to me, I seem to remember the cannon being on the map too, but my mind could be playing tricks on me.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X