This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on tomorrow-presentattion of the year-results 2006

What are your thoughts on tomorrow, the presentation of the year-results 2006?

I think that the results will be positive; profit?! And that they are going to announce new expansion-plans: Stitch for WDS, new attraction(s) for DLP (Mickeys Philharmagic, POTC re-newal....).

And of course a lot about the 15th!

Or am I being to positive??
    Last edited by Tommie; 11-08-2006, 12:16 AM.

Re: Thoughts on tomorrow-presentattion of the year-results 2006

I think attendance will be up.
    Wait for official statement here (official company website) :
    http://www.eurodisney.com/en/
    (press release should be published tomorrow wednesday early in the morning - Paris time)

Comment

----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Re: Thoughts on tomorrow-presentation of the year-results 2006

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
        People are willing to come (there's already more reservations made for winter than ever)
        You are always so well informed; how come?

Comment

Re: Thoughts on tomorrow-presentation of the year-results 2006

Originally posted by Tommie View Post

Or am I being to positive??
          No, remember being positive is the key to success

Comment

EDL s.c.a. Annual Report 2006

----
            Cheers,
            Zarniwoop

Comment

Re: EDL s.c.a. Annual Report 2006

You were just ahead of me! I had just copied the text!

Positive results I think. Still a loss, but all the other signs are on green I think. With the 15th coming up, results can only get better.
              Unfortunmately no further news on new attractions.

Comment

----
                Cheers,
                Zarniwoop

Comment

You are right! And if I read the statement correctly, there still is some money at hand for more investments.

Comment

Do they usually release attendance figures as a combined total for both parks, or is there a way to find the attendance numbers separately for Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios?
                    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                      Do they usually release attendance figures as a combined total for both parks, or is there a way to find the attendance numbers separately for Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios?
                      That's what I was wondering too. Because it is pretty good that attendance is up. But I still don't get the idea that WDS has spiked up attendance in recent years. In my memory, even before WDS the attendance figures lay around 10-11 mln. visitors.

Comment

"We are pleased with our year end results and we look forward to maintaining this momentum as we continually reinvigorate our Theme Parks. We believe that our growth strategy is delivering its benefits as we remain focused on improving our margins, while continuing to provide our guests with a unique experience. These efforts contributed to a 30% improvement in our operating margin before depreciation and amortisation.

We are also developing thrilling new products, including a parade in the Disneyland Park and three attractions in Walt Disney Studios Park. All these things plus more combine to create the Disney dream holiday for every family.

Our encouraging results have been achieved thanks to the dedication and hard work of our cast members, who continue to make our theme parks the most popular tourist destination in Europe."
                        Does this mean a new attraction or new merchandise? (the bolded)

Comment

Originally posted by Fantillusion View Post
                          Does this mean a new attraction or new merchandise? (the bolded)
                          The words "including" and "plus more" (in the following sentence) do seem to promise more. But this could mean anything; new attractions, but maybe they are only referring to (for example) new paper cups with the 15th logo on it....

But to remain positive; I sure hope they mean new attractions (Stitch?)!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommie View Post
                            That's what I was wondering too. Because it is pretty good that attendance is up. But I still don't get the idea that WDS has spiked up attendance in recent years. In my memory, even before WDS the attendance figures lay around 10-11 mln. visitors.
                            So according to that report, Walt Disney Studios has only attracted about 3 million guests?
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Well, the less WDS gets, the more DLP gets

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X