Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

TDLFAN's report from DLP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDLFAN's report from DLP

Thanks, TDLFAN!

Too bad about the moss/mildew on Dumbo. As much as we've complained about the state
    of DL during the Pressler era, I don't think we've ever seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
      Thanks, TDLFAN!

Too bad about the moss/mildew on Dumbo. As much as we've complained about the state
      of DL during the Pressler era, I don't think we've ever seen that.
      That's mostly because you're in Orange County, California as opposed to rainy old Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
        Well with the extra money Im saving by not staying at the MiraCosta Im able to aford both a week in Tokyo and than continue the fun by traveling to Disneyland Paris the second week.
        Problem is I have a habit of staying at the most expensive hotel on property. If I'm going to Tokyo, I have to stay at the Hotel MiraCosta; in Paris, I have to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It's something I feel obligated to do each time I visit a foreign Disney resort. Likewise, I'll probably stay at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel (which really isn't that expensive at about $250/night) when I go to Hong Kong.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
          That's mostly because you're in Orange County, California as opposed to rainy old Paris.
          "Common sense really isn't that common" - Anon
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Beautiful photos!! Makes me want to go back.

Love, love, love the night shots and the Winter show!
            Have you ever been in Oct when all the Halloween decorations are out??
            They really pull out all the stops with the elaborate pumpkin decos.

Thanks for sharing TDLFAN!
            ~~Jodi~~
            Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by DizDee View Post
              Have you ever been in Oct when all the Halloween decorations are out??
              They really pull out all the stops with the elaborate pumpkin decos.
              Yes, I have been to DLP during Halloween and even posted a Halloween album back in Oct, which was replaced by the Xmas album, which was replaced by the current one. I however have to say that I am not a fan of DLP's Halloween decor, as I find it too weird, messy and un-disney-like. I much prefer Halloween at the other Disney Resorts.
              My next DLP album will be the new 15th anniversary parade in early april.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                I however have to say that I am not a fan of DLP's Halloween decor, as I find it too weird, messy and un-disney-like. I much prefer Halloween at the other Disney Resorts.
                We were there this last Oct too! I completely agree, the whole "painting the park orange" was messy looking. But you have to admit there was really A LOT put out especially the large paint factory structure near Frontierland.

I much preferred the decorations we saw in Oct 2001. They were much more tasteful.
                ~~Jodi~~
                Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Working...
                X