Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

TDLFAN's report from DLP

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDLFAN's report from DLP

Great update, buddy.

I need to get planning by next visit to DLP!

Looks like lots of the neglect is being taken care of ... the Plaza Inn really looked awful when I was there.

How's the castle looking?

Comment

I really need to go back to Paris as well. Since Paris is quite a distance away, it's either going there or Tokyo for my annual trip. And since Tokyo is a much bigger draw due to DisneySea, I've been putting off my return trip to Paris. I have absolutely no desire to visit Walt Disney Studios Paris anytime soon, and Disneyland Paris by itself does not make the resort "complete" enough to warrant a three-day trip for me. I guess I can always tour the other sights of Paris again, but I prefer to keep my trips strictly Disney.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
        Great update, buddy.

I need to get planning by next visit to DLP!

Looks like lots of the neglect is being taken care of ... the Plaza Inn really looked awful when I was there.

How's the castle looking?
        Well June is a good time for a Disney critic - then dinner could be had with a bear family!
        Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Great Photos! I went to DLRP a few years ago and had a great time. You photos make me want to go back so bad. Thanks again. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
            I really need to go back to Paris as well. Since Paris is quite a distance away, it's either going there or Tokyo for my annual trip. And since Tokyo is a much bigger draw due to DisneySea, I've been putting off my return trip to Paris. I have absolutely no desire to visit Walt Disney Studios Paris anytime soon, and Disneyland Paris by itself does not make the resort "complete" enough to warrant a three-day trip for me. I guess I can always tour the other sights of Paris again, but I prefer to keep my trips strictly Disney.
            Well with the extra money Im saving by not staying at the MiraCosta Im able to aford both a week in Tokyo and than continue the fun by traveling to Disneyland Paris the second week.
            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Thanks, TDLFAN!

Too bad about the moss/mildew on Dumbo. As much as we've complained about the state
              of DL during the Pressler era, I don't think we've ever seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
                Thanks, TDLFAN!

Too bad about the moss/mildew on Dumbo. As much as we've complained about the state
                of DL during the Pressler era, I don't think we've ever seen that.
                That's mostly because you're in Orange County, California as opposed to rainy old Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                  Well with the extra money Im saving by not staying at the MiraCosta Im able to aford both a week in Tokyo and than continue the fun by traveling to Disneyland Paris the second week.
                  Problem is I have a habit of staying at the most expensive hotel on property. If I'm going to Tokyo, I have to stay at the Hotel MiraCosta; in Paris, I have to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It's something I feel obligated to do each time I visit a foreign Disney resort. Likewise, I'll probably stay at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel (which really isn't that expensive at about $250/night) when I go to Hong Kong.
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                    That's mostly because you're in Orange County, California as opposed to rainy old Paris.
                    "Common sense really isn't that common" - Anon
                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Beautiful photos!! Makes me want to go back.

Love, love, love the night shots and the Winter show!
                      Have you ever been in Oct when all the Halloween decorations are out??
                      They really pull out all the stops with the elaborate pumpkin decos.

Thanks for sharing TDLFAN!
                      ~~Jodi~~
                      Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by DizDee View Post
                        Have you ever been in Oct when all the Halloween decorations are out??
                        They really pull out all the stops with the elaborate pumpkin decos.
                        Yes, I have been to DLP during Halloween and even posted a Halloween album back in Oct, which was replaced by the Xmas album, which was replaced by the current one. I however have to say that I am not a fan of DLP's Halloween decor, as I find it too weird, messy and un-disney-like. I much prefer Halloween at the other Disney Resorts.
                        My next DLP album will be the new 15th anniversary parade in early april.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          I however have to say that I am not a fan of DLP's Halloween decor, as I find it too weird, messy and un-disney-like. I much prefer Halloween at the other Disney Resorts.
                          We were there this last Oct too! I completely agree, the whole "painting the park orange" was messy looking. But you have to admit there was really A LOT put out especially the large paint factory structure near Frontierland.

I much preferred the decorations we saw in Oct 2001. They were much more tasteful.
                          ~~Jodi~~
                          Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas. :yea:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X