Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15th castle Decorations have appeared!

And they look great! You can hardly tell that they are there. I was a bit worried, but they pulled it off successfully. It's not done, but they are getting close.

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_disneyland_p...ersa_1058.html

Re: 15th castle Decorations have appeared!

I love the fact the characters are small enough, yet very detailed. Classy.

Comment

I like Jiminy Cricket!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Yes, certainly more classy than the Hunchback makeover!

I wonder if those gold "candles" light up.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
          I wonder if those gold "candles" light up.
          Yes, the candles will light up at night with a flickering flame effect.

Comment

Yes the candles will light up for the Candleabration ceremony every night to celebrate the aniversary of the resort. Sort of Enchanted Fairytale ceremony
            DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014

Comment

It's just so much classier than what they did at the WDW MK for DL's 50th and even better than what they did at DL for it's 50th.

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                It's just so much classier than what they did at the WDW MK for DL's 50th and even better than what they did at DL for it's 50th.
                Ya, now if only we could get a fireworks show at least a 10th as good as those and for more than 8 weeks a year!
                Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                  Ya, now if only we could get a fireworks show at least a 10th as good as those and for more than 8 weeks a year!
                  I hate myself for being as predictable and dull as this, and I have to admit that I myself have been known to enjoy a good fireworks show, but must your pyrophilia honestly be satisfied at the cost of several towns' ability to sleep and a law that was respectfully created with the noble ambition of environmental concern? Do you expect Disney to return to its role as Evil American Corporate Force and try to bulldoze over local laws?

I realize that Disneyland Paris is a disappointment in that particular area, but I hate it when people stress that issue to no end; it strikes me as egotistic and frankly a little disrespectful. The street vending I'll give you.
                  Last edited by pussnboots; 03-15-2007, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Well they used to do it until one mayor stopped it. I have to say, without the fireworks it is just not the same. i grew up at DL, so I was definately spoiled. To me, the pyro shows are amongst the best things Disney has on offer. It's one of the many reasons I find Epcot to be so awesome. When DLP was built, there were very few houses. Most have been built in the last 15 years. So ya, I want my fireworks!
                    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Also with the money issues surrounding DLP do you really think they have the money to spend on loads of fireworks every night?

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                        Well they used to do it until one mayor stopped it. I have to say, without the fireworks it is just not the same. i grew up at DL, so I was definately spoiled. To me, the pyro shows are amongst the best things Disney has on offer. It's one of the many reasons I find Epcot to be so awesome. When DLP was built, there were very few houses. Most have been built in the last 15 years. So ya, I want my fireworks!
                        Well alright, so we've covered your angle of this issue... You like fireworks, it's loud and clear. But let's just try to imagine the newspaper headlines when Euro Disney SCA tries to weasel itself out of this. Those towns are there whether we like it or not, and people live there who I imagine enjoy the sensation of rest as well as everyone else. This mayor apparently changed a law, which would be hard to reverse without sending 40 Disney lawyers to the quaint and unarmed court houses of Ile-de-France, which would be hard to do without giving the population of France the feeling of a throwback to a time when their culture seemed at risk because of this company and the film Erin Brockovich.

Then there's the money issue, and the environment bit, which is very big in Europe. This is a continent that is considering a ban on incandescent lights, remember. And besides all of that it would just be plain rude.

It doesn't seem worth it to me just so we can look at a few colorful airborne explosives without having to schedule a trip during the high season. But that's just me.

Comment

So how about those castle decorations...

Comment

Can't wait to see them in a months time

Comment

Here is Tinkerbell In place now on top of the castle.

http://www.dlrp.fr/news/upload/dlp/15ans/chateau/150307/statueschateau03.jpg

Does it look like she has got lamps on her wings?? or is my imagination?

Maybe for the candleabration?
                              DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X