Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLRP Restaurants

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DLRP Restaurants

    I'm visiting DLRP in June for the first time and would like to know peoples opinions of the restaurants at the resort. By rankings best to not as good would be a great help in making reservations and having the best experience possible.
    Thank You

  • #2
    Re: DLRP Restaurants

    You can visit : http://www.dlpfoodguide.com/

    My favourite restaurants (not to be missed !!!) :
    - Walt's (Disneyland Park), great food, great service.
    - Invention's (Disneyland Hotel), for evening dinner with Disney characters (a must do!)
    - Annette's Diner (Disney Village), best burgers on Disney property
    Last edited by Olivier; 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM.


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DLRP Restaurants

      Note that some of the menus above may be outdated. Some of the restaurants, including Walt's, have revamped their menus lately.

      A bientot.
      Remember
      What the dormouse said
      Feed your head!

      sigpic

      You've read it; you can't unread it!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DLRP Restaurants

        Most restaurants at DLRP are worth visiting just for the decor, since the menus are so so... especially the counter service ones. Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets. But I definitely recommend Walt's on Main Street FR.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DLRP Restaurants

          My two favorites:
          Walts
          California Grill (in the Disneyland Hotel)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DLRP Restaurants

            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets.
            What are you talking about? I ate there a few years ago and it was a full service French restaurant, escargots and all. When did it turn into a buffet?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DLRP Restaurants

              I enjoyed the dinner show and bbq food at the wild west show, do they still have that dinner show?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DLRP Restaurants

                Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                I enjoyed the dinner show and bbq food at the wild west show, do they still have that dinner show?
                Yes, they still have the Bufalo Bill Dinner Show. However, I believe they stopped handing out the free cowboy hats. Too bad.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DLRP Restaurants

                  Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Most restaurants at DLRP are worth visiting just for the decor, since the menus are so so... especially the counter service ones. Auberge de Cendrillion was one of my favorites as well... then they kept it closed for years. Now, it has one of those touristy trap character meal buffets. But I definitely recommend Walt's on Main Street FR.

                  DLRP still lists this restaurant as full service french cuisine, is the web site wrong? Because that was one of the ones we were going to go to.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DLRP Restaurants

                    I have not been to it since it re-opened, mostly because I hate*hate*hate character buffets.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DLRP Restaurants

                      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Yes, they still have the Bufalo Bill Dinner Show. However, I believe they stopped handing out the free cowboy hats. Too bad.
                      When and where did you hear they stopped handing out the cowboy hats? This was one of the shows my family is doing this summer when we visit DLP briefly for the first time during our Italy/France/Spain vacation. This is the first I've heard they no longer give out hats. I remember reading a trip report from a December 2006 trip regarding the show which stated they received the hats, so was it sometime within the last 4 months? Whether or not we are given the hats isn't a make or break decision from us since we've talked with a number of people who visited DLP and highly recommended doing the show (especially since this will be our first and possibly last visit to DLP (at least for quite some time)), but it would be nice to know if we shouldn't expect the hats.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DLRP Restaurants

                        A friend of mine recently attended the show and told me they handed out some other type of hat, but not a cowboy hat as before. Will have to research this again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DLRP Restaurants

                          Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          A friend of mine recently attended the show and told me they handed out some other type of hat, but not a cowboy hat as before. Will have to research this again.

                          Well I don't remember what type of hat that trip report mentioned, all I remember reading is that they got a hat. Whether or not it was the same type of hat as had been given out before, I have no idea. I'm glad to hear that, at the least, they still give you some type of hat. Thanks for the quick reply and if you hear anything else, that would be great.
                          Last edited by CTXRover; 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DLRP Restaurants

                            According to recent posts on the DIS boards, Auberge de Cendrillion is now a full service, set menu princess feast costing 48 Euros per adult. Since this is $60+, it may well be the most expensive character meal on the planet. Don't know Tokyo prices, though.

                            A bientot.
                            Remember
                            What the dormouse said
                            Feed your head!

                            sigpic

                            You've read it; you can't unread it!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DLRP Restaurants

                              Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
                              According to recent posts on the DIS boards, Auberge de Cendrillion is now a full service, set menu princess feast costing 48 Euros per adult. Since this is $60+, it may well be the most expensive character meal on the planet. Don't know Tokyo prices, though.
                              I checked out those DIS forums and they brought back a lot of wonderful DLP food memories, haha. In retrospect, I have to say that when it comes to fine dining, all the restaurants at DLP are excellent. It's been beaten to death, I know, but it's the counter service places where you need to be very, very selective in order to get a reasonably pleasing meal. The rest is wonderful. Although Plaza Gardens is a dubious one.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X