This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Hurrah!) Putting out the smoke over Disneyland Paris

With smoking bans sweeping across Europe, Disneyland Paris is finally jumping on the bandwagon. No smoking signs have been placed near enclosed areas and queues throughout the resort, threatening violators with a fine of €68.

Also, in a classically contradictory fashion popular at DLP, they've also recently introduced ashtrays built into trash cans.

Still, smoking is allowed out in the open from what I gather. Baby steps I suppose.

Pictures and info (in French) here:
    http://www.disneymagicinteractive.co...abd13b7c3de567

(PS - Count on the signs to be lightly themed in the future. These things tend to take a while.)
    Last edited by pussnboots; 07-29-2007, 07:52 AM.

Re: (Hurrah!) Putting out the smoke over Disneyland Paris

I saw the bins with the little cigarette holes, I didn't realise they were a recent development. Unless they aren't of course. I didn't find the smoking to be too much of a problem actually consdering the hype about it on these forums, just the occasional passing annoyance

Comment

Well, I too am not one of those people who think that just because they had a little cigarette smoke blown their way they should be able to sue the pants off Disney and spend the rest of their lives being treated like war victims, but I must admit I'd much rather see smoking restricted to tiny, undesirable areas with large suction machinery over them. It's not a huge drama or anything, but still annoying. Especially when there's no way to escape it, such as in a crowded queue. And yes, people do smoke in queues at DLP.

And I'm not 100% sure if the cigarette holes are a recent development, but the signs certainly are.

Comment

What are the rules on it in the US parks I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
          What are the rules on it in the US parks I wonder?
          Smoking at the other Disney parks are restricted to certain designated areas.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I see. I'm hoping then it's only a matter of time but who knows :-S. Hehe, knowing Disney they'll probably be themed smoking areas such as 'Skull Rock Smoking Room' and 'Les Mysteres du Fag Break' lol

Comment

Look at this elaborate ashtray found in the Arabian Coast section of Tokyo DisneySea. There are a few others just like it scattered throughout the park too; every ashtray in the park is themed.

Comment

Looks like a pot that people have left their ciggies in to me...lol. Does Tokyo have designated areas or is it like Paris?

Comment

Looks like a pot that people have left their ciggies in to me...lol. Does Tokyo have designated areas or is it like Paris?
                  That's the beauty of it; it's not supposed to look like an ashtray. That picture was taken in the smoking section, and there are several just like it. And yes, Tokyo Disney Resort has special designated areas for smoking.

Comment

I know it was an ash tray I was just joking! IMO I think either smoking areas or free smoking is bad. Free smoking is obvious but can you imagine them marking smoking areas on the map? lol. Talk about killing the magic

Comment

I know it was an ash tray I was just joking! IMO I think either smoking areas or free smoking is bad. Free smoking is obvious but can you imagine them marking smoking areas on the map? lol. Talk about killing the magic
                      I don't think it would ruin the magic any more than marking ATMs, baby changing centers, or restrooms on a map. It would just be a little symbol on a map that you would probably pay no attention to.

Comment

But baby changing and ATMs are a part of life, I just think smoking has no place in a Disney park, whether I'll get attacked for that comment or not I don't know :-S. Still, better to have smoking areas than free smoking, even if the visitors to just dump their cigarettes in pots and ruin the good theming...(joke)

Comment

But baby changing and ATMs are a part of life, I just think smoking has no place in a Disney park, whether I'll get attacked for that comment or not I don't know :-S. Still, better to have smoking areas than free smoking, even if the visitors to just dump their cigarettes in pots and ruin the good theming...(joke)
                          What's interesting is that a CM comes by every few minutes just to empty the trays.

Comment

We talking about Tokyo here or just generally in smoking areas? btw are these areas rooms or what? Just wondering

Comment

We talking about Tokyo here or just generally in smoking areas? btw are these areas rooms or what? Just wondering
                              Only Tokyo Disney Resort. And these smoking section are like hidden alcoves, away from the main pathway and surrounded by foliage. They are not marked (except on a park map), so you wouldn't know it was a smoking section unless you saw a smoker.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X