X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report: DLP and Futuroscope!

tea-tour
    Last edited by ralfrick; 08-08-2007, 10:04 AM.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: Trip Report: DLP and Futuroscope!

Thanks so much for the report. We're going in about 2 months and can't wait.

Comment

Going next week and appreciate a few of your tips particularly the Crush ones. I also did not know about some of the rides closing at 10pm. Ta.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
        Going next week and appreciate a few of your tips particularly the Crush ones. I also did not know about some of the rides closing at 10pm. Ta.
        I neglected to mention Crush was down that first night, so I can only speak for the morning. Only hope is to be at WDS 20-30 minutes before opening. If you're later you caaaaan sneak ahead a bit via the eatery on the side, but there's a limit to how far I'd push that. As best I could tell, by opening the entire center walkway of Studio 1 was packed. Even if you got right back in line after riding, I can't see how the wait could possibly be less than 45 minutes, if not more. They have a line of CMs clutching a rope moving slowly in front of the mob. At the queue entry you file in behind a CM slowly going through all the twists. The seem to let a few at a time go in at first, so before you get to that point, it can be confusing in the crowd as it surges. Being at the front of it is the only way to avoid it. If you can use early entry in PDL, that 2 hours is more than enough time for what's open (things that spin, PP, Pin, Buzz and SMM2) and then getting to the WDS in time. The 10PM closures were a surprise, but as I think of it, didn't seem to effect the west side, except the Keel boats which close much earlier. We realized early on that seeing the things we wanted to see the most wouldn't be a problem.

A bientot.
        Last edited by ralfrick; 08-08-2007, 08:09 PM.
        Remember
        What the dormouse said
        Feed your head!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much for great trip report!

Comment

If I can get on Crush with a minimum wait next week, I will be eternally in your debt!
            WDW - 1987 & 1991
            DLR - October 2011

Comment

If I can get on Crush with a minimum wait next week, I will be eternally in your debt!
              You just want to be early enough that, at opening, you see this in front of you:

And this behind you:

I have to rely on photoshop auto levels since this monitor is so awful, hope they're viewable.

A bientot.
              Remember
              What the dormouse said
              Feed your head!

sigpic

Comment

I must say that the second photo is ridiculous.

So what do people think? Is the popularity of Crush's Coaster due to the popularity of the film, the advertising campaign, word of mouth about the quality of the ride, the exclusivity to DLP or (most controversially) DLP guests' desperation for a decent new ride?
                Last edited by nathan detroit; 08-10-2007, 02:57 PM.
                WDW - 1987 & 1991
                DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
                  The most surprising sights were soldiers with machine guns on Disney property, and blanket spreading peddlers there. Obviously the city of Paris is an “illuminated miniature replica Eiffel Tower” based economy, but I didn't know it extended this far.
                  Unfortunately, that bit of land in front of the train station isn't Disney's. It's one of those annoying loopholes you hoped no one would ever think of exploiting, but someone did.

Comment

Nice trip report and really great insight! In my hopes that I'll go next summer, I've copied some of what you said. And you will post pictures yes?

Comment

I must say that the second photo is ridiculous.

So what do people think? Is the popularity of Crush's Coaster due to the popularity of the film, the advertising campaign, word of mouth about the quality of the ride, the exclusivity to DLP or (most controversially) DLP guests' desperation for a decent new ride?
                      It's probably a bit of each; presumably the ToT will ease it a bit. Studio 1 will still be packed, but going in 2 different directions. But I do think capacity figures in as well. Neglected to count the seconds between dispatches, but every 15 seconds is less than 1000 per hour, and even every 10 seconds is less than 1500. Split the difference, and that means it's probably no more than 1200 riders per hour. POTC is double that. So the 30 minute wait we had for POTC would have been at least an hour for Crush with the same number of people.

Yeah, pussnboots, I figured there must be something like that; it was certainly unexpedted.

Alice, I've started resizing photos, and should have them in my photobucket album soon. I'll be delayed this weekend for the San Jose Jazz Festival, but will start a thread to state when their ready.

A bientot.
                      Remember
                      What the dormouse said
                      Feed your head!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X