Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 result speculation

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2007 result speculation

    I made some quick calculations based on figures already released and on current bookings:
    How fiscal year 2007 will end?

    My speculation:

    Attendace goes up to 14.1 million guests (last year 12.9 million)
    Hotel occupancy: 89% (last year 83%)
    RevenuesCosts real-estateNet result:
    Last edited by Zarniwoop; 08-10-2007, 02:03 AM.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

  • #2
    Re: 2007 result speculation

    Eh, you sound like you know what you're talking about. I'll just say I concur, haha.

    PS: Pet peeve -- in English, the euro sign goes before the amount, not after.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2007 result speculation

      Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
      PS: Pet peeve -- in English, the euro sign goes before the amount, not after.
      Thank you very much.

      Btw, I started to play with the numbers after I find out that bookings for August are at 99% and September is quite full too. Look promising even EDL doesn't reach the even result this year!
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2007 result speculation

        This could only mean good things especially for the studios, that is if they design things that fit with the theme not just plonked there like Soarin'. I think judging by the recent report everything's set to go in the right direction

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2007 result speculation

          I do hope they break even. We'll probably have to wait for the Tower Power for that to happen.
          http://www.themeparkdesign.be

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2007 result speculation

            Thanks for the figures, Zarniwoop. I think Bon Voyage is right - the Tower of Terror will decide the overall shape of the financial year. I expect to see a respectable (though not astronomical) rise in attendance and spending over the remainder of the year.

            The Tower won't replicate the "Space Mountain" effect seen in 1995. That ride changed the makeup of the park, and made it appeal to a whole new audience (teens and young adults), opening up a huge new chunk of the tourist market. The Tower won't widen the resort's demographic at all, but I'm fairly sure it will encourage longer stays, and, consequently, increased spending and a higher average rate of hotel occupancy.

            If that is the case, then I think we can expect at least one new attraction to be announced by this time next year, and maybe see work starting on the Disney Village extension.
            Originally posted by fizzog
            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2007 result speculation

              Extension and enhancement hopefully!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2007 result speculation

                Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                The Tower won't replicate the "Space Mountain" effect seen in 1995. That ride changed the makeup of the park, and made it appeal to a whole new audience (teens and young adults), opening up a huge new chunk of the tourist market. The Tower won't widen the resort's demographic at all, but I'm fairly sure it will encourage longer stays, and, consequently, increased spending and a higher average rate of hotel occupancy.
                EDL needs a new hotel if they want to keep up. So I wouldn't be suprised if next phase includes the hotel with Village expansion.

                Time for some imagineering: New Orleans themed deluxe hotel with French Quarter Village expansion... oh la la.

                ..and all those Jazz clubs! :thumbup:
                ----
                Cheers,
                Zarniwoop

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2007 result speculation

                  Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
                  EDL needs a new hotel if they want to keep up. So I wouldn't be suprised if next phase includes the hotel with Village expansion.

                  Time for some imagineering: New Orleans themed deluxe hotel with French Quarter Village expansion... oh la la.

                  ..and all those Jazz clubs! :thumbup:
                  Disneyland's New Orleans Square modified for our Village, now THAT sounds promising! Maybe the upper floors can be the new hotel itself. Although, no two things can be more complete opposites than the current Village and NOS, but what the heck.
                  http://www.themeparkdesign.be

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2007 result speculation

                    Originally posted by Bon Voyage View Post
                    Although, no two things can be more complete opposites than the current Village and NOS, but what the heck.
                    Ah well, they could re-theme old Village with tnt..

                    ..or just put a new layer on it.
                    ----
                    Cheers,
                    Zarniwoop

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2007 result speculation

                      I think if they stripped Disney Village down to it's bare bones it wouldn't be too hard to put up downtown-Disney or New Orleans style facades up

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2007 result speculation

                        A new hotel is more than likely, provided all the predictions come to pass. I would also expect Disney to rush the long-rumoured convention centre into construction as well. They've been dying to get it built for years, and the Tower Of Terror might just give them the opportunity at last.
                        Originally posted by fizzog
                        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2007 result speculation

                          Another hotel?!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2007 result speculation

                            The most recent rumours do point to another hotel appearing before long. Looks like Michael Eisner's hotel-heavy attitude may at last be vindicated! And it only took 15 years!
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2007 result speculation

                              Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                              Another hotel?!
                              Well I guess that if the current hotels are at 90 ish percent capacity then there is a need for another hotel.

                              I would think it makes more sense to build the convention centre first though as correct me if I'm wrong but the hotels are not at 90% capacity all year round?

                              The convention centre would certainly help with the Resorts' long term recovery.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X