Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

A while ago, it was reported that they would once again perform the Sword in the Stone ceremony in the castle courtyard. I was wondering if anyone happened to catch this? If so, was it any good? How do they manage it language-wise in Paris? Is Merlin bilingual? And... Any pictures?

Re: The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

ORDDU: My sisters and I certainly hope this rumor comes true. It's bad enough that Merlin was laid off in Florida at the Magic Kingdom there--let alone having been let go in Paris, too!

ORWEN: Somebody said it was a Jay Rasulo decision to play around with that poor old man's bread and butter job. I mean, that's what we read on some web-footed site somewhere.

ORDDU: At least Disneyland still has Merlin performing all the time. So does Hong Kong Disneyland. Let's hope his services are soon requested at all Magic Kingdoms everywhere!

Comment

I have seen the show, and may have taken pictures of it but do not have the time to go search for them so I will let someone put up any. As far as I remember, Merlin does speak in french and english and the script pretty much follows the same one that was presented at the other parks.. though I never cared to actually stop for more than mere minutes and see the whole thing.

Comment

I saw it and that Merlin spoke French and English.. or at least he asked the kids name in English.
        ----
        Cheers,
        Zarniwoop

Comment

Last heard, this ceremony was only being performed at DLP on St David's Day.
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X