This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedants Ahoy!

Ok. So this site seems to have its fair share of posters who are rather on the pedantic side. So here's the thing...

Have you ever spotted some tiny detail about DLP that has bugged you? Has something about the resort that has occured to you been so mind-numbingly anal as to be embarrassing?

Come on, don't be shy - we are all friends together here!

One of my thoughts has always been regarding the dragon under the castle. There was no dragon in Sleeping Beauty other than Malificent once whe had transformed and she was almost immediatley killed. So is the dragon under the DLP castle Malificent re-born or another, nameless dragon. And why would good King Stephan keep a dragon anywhere near his castle? In chains or otherwise? I'm not knocking the dragon - I love it. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Your turn...
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Re: Pedants Ahoy!

The dragon thing always bugged me too. Thank God no one saw that movie, I guess.

I'll think of another one later. Shouldn't be too hard for me considering my analness. I love this thread by the way, it's so Freudian.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
      it's so Freudian.
      Castle spires = phallic?

48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

Maybe the dragon was his childhood pet? He couldn't just give it away!

Comment

Originally posted by EPCOT View Post
          Castle spires = phallic?

Comment

^^

I'd forgotten about this!

They have a track record!
            48 Favourites From WDW [Photos]

Comment

Please! Let's get back to the topic!

Concentrate on the word pedantic and focus less on the word anal.
              WDW - 1987 & 1991
              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                [...] and focus less on the word anal.
                But I have pictures of that too! And speaking of the Frontierland geysers... No but seriously, you're probably right. So, here's my pedantic thing.

Signs!

You see that slogan? Not only is that set in a sans serif font (font without the little frills), which were not common in the era Main Street is supposed to take place in, but it appears to be Verdana, which Microsoft came up with in the '90s! And besides that, it's just a plain bad attempt at Victorian design.

ED haven't made many good signs since 1995. Remember that Zazu sign for the Lion King show?

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post

I've never noticed that before and you are indeed pedantically correct!

I could knock something better up in five minutes on Powerpoint.
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

The audio sync in POTC. Some may not notice it, it doesn't make me lose sleep, but I can't help but feel the audio in the final yo-ho scene is not quite right...oh and some of the torches don't work making the pirates carry big sticks...

POTC is still my favourite along with SM

Comment

The fact that you can see a Victorian steam train making its way through Discoveryland has always nagged at me. It wouldn't be so bad if it were visible from the Jules Verne section, but it's trundling past the X-Wing! Couldn't they have put a tunnel in or something?
                      Originally posted by fizzog
                      Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Captain Nemo's submarine, Buzz Lightyear, Legend of Lion King, X-wing, Steam Railroad and HISTA makes Discoveryland - although it has great attractions - an Imagineering Bleder(TM) product. EDIT: as soundtracker said it about WDS:"unrelated to their surroundings"

That's why Discoveryland is not my favourite land. (It was before Buzz and Mission 2..)
                        Last edited by Zarniwoop; 09-13-2007, 03:45 AM.
                        ----
                        Cheers,
                        Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                          The fact that you can see a Victorian steam train making its way through Discoveryland has always nagged at me. It wouldn't be so bad if it were visible from the Jules Verne section, but it's trundling past the X-Wing! Couldn't they have put a tunnel in or something?
                          Trundling past the X-Wing, haha. I've thought that too, but then again Discoveryland does present us with a Victorian future. What I find far more disturbing is that station! That cheap white cloth suspended between metal framework that always seems to be dirty. Sure, it sort of goes with the Star Tours style, but wouldn't a copper Jules Verne-style station have provided a much better visual buffer between that old steam train and Discoveryland?

Comment

Right on, Puss!
                            Originally posted by fizzog
                            Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Being pedantic, I am also bugged whenever going on the Pinocchio ride.

Clearly visible in the Pleasure Island scene are Honest John Foulfellow and Gideon (the fox and the cat). They never went to Pleasure Island and never would considering that the Coachman inferred to them that visitors were doomed to a terrible fate.

Then again, maybe thats how they became how they are. A prior visit to Pleasure Island transformed them only it went a bit wrong and they didn't end up as donkeys but an anthropamorphic fox and cat in a human world

Two pedantic comments for the price of one! Picking holes in both the ride and the film!
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X