This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Trading at DLP?

Is pin trading as big at DLP as it is at WDW and are cast members happy to trade with adults?
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Re: Din Trading at DLP?

Din trading is quite big but its not like everywhere. My wife and I wore our lanyards and didn't see many other people wearing them, but there were always people looking at the displays in the shops.

A lot of cast members were wearing them and seeing as they are all wearing the special 15th lanyards I dont think there was any kids only trading being enforced
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

I saw a couple of cast members totally done out with pins but I'd probably say it's not as big as the US

Comment

I would argue that din trading is not very big at all in DLP. In all my visits I have only seen about four guests wearing lanyards (although most of the CMs do). Hence my shock that Hollywood Blvd would include a din trading station.
        As for people looking at the displays, I do that myself. A DLP din is a nice souvenier and I currently sport Scrooge McDuck on my lapel at work.
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Thanks to all for supporting my Din trading habit. I have several dozen dins now and will bring some traders with me to see if I can build upon my din collection and hopefully get a few nice dins for the kids as well as they love trading dins with cast members and we have a trip next spring to WDW the center of the din trading universe.

Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
          ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Comment

You have to love DLP -- alcohol and hardly any of that pin trading nonsense! No offense to anyone who is into that sort of thing. Just not my cup of tea.

Comment

I think one din trading station won't hurt though, and it'll be somewhat of a draw for a handful of people to WDS! hehe

Comment

Re: Pin Trading at DLP?

I don't know what the set up is in the American resorts, but in Paris, most of the work-a-day Cast Members are actively discouraged from din trading. Only Team Leaders are provided with lanyards (and the most basic, cheap set of dins), while the rest of us had to buy them ourselves. When you're living in a hand-to-mouth existence (in other words, on a DIsney wage), those pins are frightfully expensive! I only ever bought the ones for the attractions I worked on, and I refused to part with them when asked!

P.S. Why are we all calling it "din" trading?
                Originally posted by fizzog
                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

lol because the original thread name was 'Din Trading at DLP' due to a typo. I've certainly seen the odd cast member with seemingly hundreds of dins so it's not entirely dead. I'd much rather them put a food outlet or shop there of course

Comment

I only tend to buy Dins that have meaning and only part with crappy ones that came with lanyards.

I have the din of the park and year of visit (so for this year i have a 2007 WoDNY and DLP dins), the hotels ive stayed at, rememberence dins for toad, imagination and wand, a birthday din from being at WoD on my birthday this year and then a few character pins that are special like Kermit, Tink, Mickey, Mickey with my baseball team logo, Mickey UK flag etc

p.s Change the topic back to Dins! now we make no sense!!
                    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
                    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

The Europeans just don't seem to grasp the pin trading concept (including me). I have been present in DLP on a few occasions when 'limited or special edition' pins have been released and I never once spotted a stampede! As I said before, pins seem to be bought as souveniers in the vast majoriy of cases at DLP and the few lanyards that I have spotted on guests (all children) tend to hold the pins that came with them and few others. Maybe the language barrier doesn't help either.
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Aye, dins are just regular souveniers in Paris really, but I guess there must be some market for it if they are building this station. There must be

Comment

Have they tried launching a din trading craze in Paris yet? Did the craze at the American parks start before or after the din trading stations started popping up?

Comment

Cynically, I suspect that the din trading station is an effort to get people maore aware of din trading. Hence get hooked on the thing. Hence spend more money in DLP.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Meh, it'll do no harm

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X