• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pussnboots
    replied
    Re: Reasons why: DLP edition

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    It used to be when we had horse drawn street cars, marching bands, barber shop quartets, and a real store where you could buy real vintage cars. Sadly even Main Street is a shadow of it's former self. But in terms of look and dining, it is the best on on the planet! I have spent a few days on Main Street never having gone into any other land (honestly!!!)
    Ah yes, I remember those days. They didn't last long, did they.

I doubt we'll ever see a vintage car shop again, but the good news is that the streetmosphere is starting to return.

Still, to end on a rather pessimistic note, it seems to me that unlike Disneyland's, DLRP's management has no concept of nostalgia when it comes to its parks. I don't see it "restoring" Discoveryland to its former glory or realizing Main Street was better off when it sold hats, because to their PowerPoint-watching eyes there simply isn't an immediate pay-off attached to lure them into action like the fake rabbit at a dog race. And they might not even be aware that they ever sold vintage cars at all...

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

I saw a marching band and horse drawn street cars but not the other two

Leave a comment:

• davewasbaloo
    replied

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    In my experience, it's usually the cleanest part of the park. ) Disneyland Paris has my favorite version of Main Street definitely. The two arcades, the billboards with advertisements, the bricked road, the Disneyland Hotel in the background all combine to make it a wonderful and immersive experience (not that the other lands don't succeed at this).
    It used to be when we had horse drawn street cars, marching bands, barber shop quartets, and a real store where you could buy real vintage cars. Sadly even Main Street is a shadow of it's former self. But in terms of look and dining, it is the best on on the planet! I have spent a few days on Main Street never having gone into any other land (honestly!!!)

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Yikes, DLRP really wins on that one. I love the blossom trees around the station too, many fond memories

Leave a comment:

• pussnboots
    replied

I have another one -- the Fantasyland station. It's so cute all tucked away there as part of the Fantasy Festival Stage and the building itself is quite lavish. Compare this to the blue and white metalfest they have in its place over at the MK!

Leave a comment:

• pussnboots
    replied

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
    IASW! Nah, just kiddin'... the secretish route from entrance to frontierland
    Ooh yes, the walkway that allows you to walk from Main Street to Pirates without ever getting wet -- or at least it used to, before they removed the part that was the Bazaar. It's so nice to sit among the trees between Central Plaza and Frontierland especially.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

IASW! Nah, just kiddin'... the secretish route from entrance to frontierland

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied

Main Street and the castle

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyAvenger
    replied

Pirates! It may not be in the best state at the moment, but it's still a marvel of imagineering: the sheer scale of the fortress assault scenes never fails to amaze me.
    And such a wondeful queue!

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Three words - Sequoia Lodge Hotel!

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Wow, I can't believe how much I missed the ball with this one...

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

And I believe that they are accompanied by bat sound fx if memory serves.

Leave a comment:

• DeadlyAvenger
    replied

Nah, definitely black-lit bats.

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Oh I don't know, it went by pretty fast. I'm sure I saw spiders....hmm...

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

They're bats aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Ah, BTM, the perfect ride...well apart from the queue...but moving on. And the bugs in the final tunnel are the perfect cap-off

Leave a comment:

• nathan detroit
    replied

Three Words - Big Thunder Mountain!

Leave a comment:

• fizzog
    replied

Indeed it certainly looks the best facing away from the castle if nothing else! The DL hotel looks like part of the scenery!

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
    I just find it magical (well I find the whole place magical), it's simply perfect, elegant, total immersion, always spotless. Ah
    In my experience, it's usually the cleanest part of the park. ) Disneyland Paris has my favorite version of Main Street definitely. The two arcades, the billboards with advertisements, the bricked road, the Disneyland Hotel in the background all combine to make it a wonderful and immersive experience (not that the other lands don't succeed at this).

Leave a comment:

• Bad Wolf
    replied

I liked Peter Pan's Flight with all the "glittery" stuff on the sip at the end scene.

Also: you can see hot French women!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X