This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayonara Main Street arches

According to a CM at Disney Central Plaza board, the large arches at Main Street USA during Halloween and Christmas won't be set up this year! GREAT news !!! Those arches were OK at night but too big during daytime, plus they blocked the view to the Castle.

I hope it's not a rumour...

Main Street USA, last year :

Photo :

Re: Sayonara Main Street arches

OH! I'm completely happy! I hated having my view of the lovliest castle of earth blocked.

Comment

They look very cool though!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

I never liked them. They totally ruined the joy of watching the buildings of Main Street. And when taking a pic, there always was one of those white poles between you and your pictures

Furthermore, in Italy that kind of decoration is heavily used during the patron saint fairs, so I happened to be in the Magic Kingdom feeling like I was in some small countryside town of mine :blink:
        Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
        2007: World of Disney New York City
        2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
        1992: Euro Disney Resort
        2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
        1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
        1997: Walt Disney World
        1993: Disneyland

Comment

Eh, I thought they were great during Halloween. Not only for the cool night lighting in glorious Orange, but mostly for the source of poses for the Pumpkin men. There was lots to play with on the arch supports for the Pumpkin folk, and I fear Main Street will suffer from less of them, and less creativity in their frozen poses, if the arches are indeed missing from future seasons.

Comment

I'm sure if they were removed E.D. would still find a way to hang them around Main Street.

If they do away w/ them for a season or two & the guests complain, they'll bring them back, just as they did with the Wonderful World Of Disney Parade.

Let's see what they come up with before we decide whether or not we like it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X